“Tasty Thai” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bowral Thai

Bowral Thai
Ranked #15 of 88 Restaurants in Bowral
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opened last week. Great ambiance and food
Sydney, Australia
“Tasty Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Food was as expected, tasty and very quick to be served. this is BYO wine and beer, which is always good!

Visited February 2013

Bowral
“Lovely people, tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

You couldn't find nicer people. The food is lovely, fresh, tasty and quick to arrive.
The terrific staff manage to keep their cool even when rushed off their feet or confronted with irrational demands.
We eat in many restaurants in the Southern Highland and also in Sydney but Bowral Thai is a family favourite.

Robertson, Australia
“Great fun lovely people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have always been politely received from a very friendly staff. Sometimes they get hard pushed because it can get packed out it is so popular. Our experience has always been fun and enjoyable.

Bowral
“Fabulous Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having been out for dinner and bought take-aways several times from Bowral Thai, we decided to take our visiting family out to Bowral Thai in January for a family gathering. The food was extremely tasty and freshly cooked and the service was excellent. Our visitors were most impressed and commented, 'This is so tasty and delicious'. The waitresses were most professional, attentive and friendly and the owner, 'Ome' always adds that special touch by having a friendly chat to see that everything is fine. Thank you for adding so much value and cultural diversity to the restaurants of Bowral.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service, rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Bowral Thai used to be good but it has gone so far downhill I din't think it can dig its way out of the hole. The food is good, but the staff are rude and don't seem to know what they're doing.
7 of us ordered mains and entrees. While 4 of our group received their entrees the other 3 including myself and my partner(celebrating her birthday) were left waiting for over 20 minutes until I went up and asked the owner what was happening with them. She said there was a problem with a deep fryer, however one of the waitresses said that our entrees had been given to another table. The owner had the missing entrees circled on our order but could not give a valid reason for us not receiving them.
Next thing we knew, a waitress brought one of our mains out before we had received any of our entrees and we told her that we were still waiting for the entrees, so she took it away. Then finally we received one of the entrees, however another main was delivered to our table before the other entree arrived. This was mentioned to the waitress and she didn't know what to say or do. Finally we received the other entree and main at the same time. I told them to leave the mains on the table as I didn't know if we'd get our mains if we sent them back.
After the meal I spoke to the owner about the mix up with the entrees, the different excuses from herself and the waitresses, the mains being served before the entrees.
I mentioned to the owner that I had eaten there numerous times and had not had these problems and asked her why I was given 2 different excuses as to the problems I encountered. She could/would not give me a plausible explanation as to why we had encountered so many problems.
The owner then berated the staff in front of everyone(we were seated near the front counter) and could clearly hear her yelling at the staff. I then went to pay the bill and asked to check the bill (they had agreed not to charge for the 3 entrees) and queried why we were charged for 7 x saffron rice when only 3 of our group ate rice. The waitresses at the counter then started to talk to me very rudely and insisting that as we were a group everyone was being charged. I again queried this and told them again that only 3 of us ate the rice and that we should only be charged for 3 serves. The waitresses would not budge until the owner told them to only charge for the people that ate the rice. The bill was then adjusted incorrectly and when I queried this 2 waitresses bluntly said that the amount they had worked out was correct, I asked them to recheck their sums and at first they refused and I asked them again to recheck it. Finally they rechecked it and they realised it was wrong.
After all this drama I mentioned that as a result of all the problems our group had encountered that I was almost tempted not to pay the bill. Immediatley one of the wait staff pulled out a card with the police phone number on it and flicked it at me. I said do you want to call the police about this and then she went to phone the police. I said "Are you serious? I didn't say I wasn't going to pay the bill, I was just tempted not to pay it because of all the problems with our meal".
I ended up paying the reluctantly agreed amount and recommend that everyone avoids this place unless they enjoy having mix-ups with there meals and enjoy being treated rudely by the staff and the owner. They only seem to be worried about getting their money and nothing else.
Don't go to Bowral Thai, there are plenty of other places to eat in the Southern Highlands

• Visited February 2013