“Simple clean friendly”
Review of Maneroo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bombala
Maneroo Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bombala
Melbourne
“Simple clean friendly”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Your typical motel accomodation in a small country town. Rooms are clean with renovated bathrooms. Air conditioned, TV, tea/coffee. Small dining room attached to reception serves good breakfast. Owners are friendly and great you with a big smile.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Moruya, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Last weekend was our 6th stay at Maneroo over a 13 year period. In all that time the same husband & wife team have owned and run it and consequently, its always been a friendly and comfortable place to stay.
I believe its getting better with time too. Each visit shows the rooms being gradually improved.
Our room was freshly carpeted and recently painted. The queen sized bed was comfortable and had clean and fresh linen. Along with a single bed, a mid sized dining table and a couple of largish cane chairs were in the room too, indicating that the rooms aren't small. The electrical items included a large flat screen TV, a digital clock radio, phone, electric jug, iron, a large built in heater and a reverse cycle airconditioner. All of which worked well. The bathroom was recently renovated and incorporated a large shower recess, with modern screen and a brand new vanity/basin.
They serve a large country style breakfast in their dining room and you can have it delivered to your room too.
Considering what you get for your money, at $115 per night, I think the rates are on the lowish side.
Although it doesn't quite deserve 4 green dots, its worth more than 3, so I've rounded up.

Room Tip: Keep an open mind. Its not a new place, but its clean, comfortable, warm, friendly and inexpensive.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheMoruya2
Sydney
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have stayed at this Motel many times and have always been very well looked after.

On our recent visit, we were surprised to have the option of a refurbished room which we were more than happy with.

Bathroom is cold as they have a small section of the high shutter windows always open as there are no exhaust fans.....first world problem I know ~

Club across the road with great meals and genuine country hospitality can't be beaten.

To sum up -- it's a big hearted country town and loved that we were there when all the dafodills planted along the river were in bloom....

Thanks again,
Brett & Julie.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BaySydney3
Inverloch, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here on a drive though on the way to Canberra. The owner was very accomodating as we arrived at 11.30pm and left 6am.

Room was very clean, although could have used a microwave.

Bomballa was tiny, very very small, so only good as a stopover.

Room was typical of most motels in this area, but to be honest, no one would want to build a new hotel here.

Room Tip: Just be aware that there is no microwave in the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank terrigalvet
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I think this was the only motel in town

Very very 1950s feel. Room was basic, bed not very comfortable. Staff were nice and room was clean, but overall in 2012 I expect something much much nicer.

Owner did say that there were some larger more modern rooms available, maybe those are better.

It was not expensive, but I did not like it. I like to go to a motel and feel relaxed and leave better than when I arrived. For me, for this hotel I could not get out soon enough. A lot of early morning traffic noise from the nearbye highway, rooms are made of fibro, thus dont keep out the noise.

Bathroom was very very dated, shower curtain (not door) old style fittings. Room was very very old. I cant say it was a bad motel, in its day it would have been fine, it is just that it seems to have been built 50 years ago, and apart from a TV, practically nothing new had been done to the room

There was a gap under the door which lets the cold air in (this is apparently rectified by a door snake). Room was small, bed and bedding were old.

All in all very unenjoyable stay. I cant say that it was dirty (room was clean) but in 2012 if I am going to pay real money I want to stay somewhere nice, not a run down place like this (ok more very old as opposed to run down). You would have to pay me for me to go back there.

Room Tip: only motel in town, try Bega of Cooma if you want somewhere nice
Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PeterAustralia33
Moruya, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We visit Bombala every 2nd year and as this is the only motel in town, we stay here.
Last time I reviewed it we were put up in a room that hadnt been renovated. This time we had a room that had been done-up. The room was large and basically equiped. Everything in it worked as expected. Linen was clean and the bed well made. The clean bathroom has a large shower and a mixture of new and old throughout the room.
The walls suffer from a 50's design and are too thin for todays standards as we could hear the chap next door snoring. There are several eating places, cafes, hotels, RSL Club and restaurants withing walking distance (less than 500 meters) We stayed 2 nights. Inexpensive rate.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheMoruya2
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Maneroo is the ONLY motel in town. The owners seem to have bought most accommodation available in town including an old motel just south and a restaurant and rooms across the road. They are frequented regularly by road crews and are therefore booked out quite often. The motel has a restaurant across the road and something similar at the motel.
The motel has a 50's feel about it. It reminds me of the old style motels that you see in old mags. Rooms have been renovated to a comfortable level and bedding is good. Warm doonas and blankets were way to hot for summer but I am sure would be great in winter. Bathrooms are spacious and light. Amenities are typical of 3 or 3.5 star motels. Just your usual iron, tea/coffee, TV and bathroom things. Rooms are spotless and we were very comfortable. Great location and no traffic noise. Box AC's are typically a little noisy.
Staff were helpful but a little quirky. I think she was a temp manager.
Good motel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank ACEPMQ

Been to Maneroo Motel? Share your experiences!