“Dissapointed beyond belief........”

Berry Village Boutique Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Berry
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Beware when booking to stay here as you may find like we did that the rate you are quoted is entirely different from what you get charged. Booked room over nine months ago for a family wedding - whole motel was booked out by the wedding guests - we were charged $235.00 for four people. Motel knew we were going to a wedding and had to be ready by 2.15pm to be picked up by bus to be taken to venue - at one stage were told we could not get into room until 1.00 pm. Luckily we finally got into the room at 12.30 pm. Receptionist needs a personality transplant very rude and manager the next day wasn't much better. They are rip off merchants taking advantage of people - could have stayed in 5 star resort at Gold Coast for same price. Would never recommend this motel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Disgusted827

Reviewed March 2, 2012

When I'm booking a hotel the two words that make me scared are Motel & Boutique!! Motel usually indicates a down market dump and Boutique means that few people want to stay there!! I chose the Berry Village Boutique Motel because it was one of the few places available when we were in the area for a wedding. I was very pleasantly surprised. Whilst it was obviously a motel in the past, it has been tastefully reformatted to have the appearance and feel of a quality 4 star hotel. The room was very well appointed with all the little niceties you'd expect. Comfortable, spacious and attractive. It was on the higher price for an establishment like this but not too bad. The only thing I'd change is the 10.00am checkout. Be generous and make it 11.00am. Everyone is staying in this hotel for leisure and doesn't want to be rushed out the door in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank SurferPete
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I paid $240 for a night here in late September and found myself in a dark basement room beside the car-park. The smell was reminiscent of a retirement home and it was in no way worth the money spent. That was the early beginnings of my travels in Australia, having just relocated back after 10 years away and I was shocked by the apparent rise in prices and drop in standards, but I have since found that this is not across the board and feel dissapointed that such a room is not either left vacant or sold at a vastly reduced price. The staff here were kind and good natured, but the essential ingredient of a hotel is cash for rooms and this was simply not a fair trade.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kaz_Ldn
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I've not stayed here. We did not get that far..... I contacted this place direct to book for a group and asked for a rate for 5 double / twin rooms. Subsequently circumstances changed so when I emailed back to book I said we only needed two room. They replied saying that the rooms that they'd quoted me on had been sold and all that was left was two much higher priced rooms. Fair enough, we'd asked for a price on 5 but only needed 2 so I expect to pay a little more. However I decided to check Wotif plus Tripadvisor and to my surprise I found that what they'd told me was rubbish. ALL of the internet sites were showing availability for the room we wanted on the date we wanted way cheaper than we'd been originally quoted direct by the motel. I wrote back saying we'd not be coming at all and that I was very disappointed at the rates discrepancy and what looks to be a clear case of trying to gouge us. No response to my email. Very disappointing and we'll not be stopping in Berry at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Murray A
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Very nice clean and very well positioned hotel, staff were very pleasant and helpfull $220 a night sees a bit steep but it was the Christmas holiday period so not unexpected. I would recommend

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were very happy to find this Motel and even happier to find the staff so fabulously friendly and helpful. Berry is a great spot and this Motel managed by Yvonne and John is excellent. All the staff went out of their way to help us, the rooms are clean and well appointed and if we had any problems during our few days they were fixed promptly with grace. We had a Deluxe Room with park view including the continental breakfast. We ate at the Pavillion Restaurant that is attached but the food did not match the standout service (from Kirstyn and Trish) especially for the cost. We would definately stay at this Motel again and suggest the same to our friends. Thank you to Yvonne, John, Kirstyn and Trish for making our stay so enjoyable. We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Deluxe with Park view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn T
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This place was more like a luxury hotel than a motel. The room was nice and big with all modern cons. The bathroom was huge. The only downside was that the bathroom floor gets quite wet when the shower is on (the shower is inside the spa without any covers). Other than this, a delightful stay was had by all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back - it's nice and quiet and you get a view of the park.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IntrepidTraveller35
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berry
Mercure Gerringong Resort
#1 of 8 in Nowra
The Berry Inn
The Berry Inn
#3 of 8 in Berry

Been to Berry Village Boutique Motel? Share your experiences!