Tripadvisor
Berrima
Post
Inbox
Search

“Quick snack on way to Sydney”
Review of Gumnut Patisserie

Gumnut Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Berrima
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Looks like Berrima has taken a hit with a few vacant shops on the main drag, or closed as it was a Tuesday arvo. Had eaten here before when kids were younger not the cheapest option but food quality was good. There was not much left in the pie oven so went for the beef pie, a tad dry, but tasty, daughter opted for the sausage roll, she stated was OK but nothing to rave about. She sure sufferred on the drive home with tummy aches that continued on into the night. It was definately the roll as we had shared the same breakfast in the morning. We got hammerred in the hail and torrentail rain coming back into Sydney so this was not a very comfortable drive back for her and contacting the shop was the least of a worries at the time. Sorry shop, won't be back next time will look for alternate shop or avoid Berrima altogether. Disaapointed. I can see from other reviews the owners either do not read trip advisor or do not respond to good or bad reviews, pity, they may be surprised the numbers of punters who do read this stuff and impacts their business.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (160)

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

Always buy our special occasion cakes from Gumnut. Delicious, fresh and always a wow factor. Highly recommend never disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2019

Lovely tasting pies but savour each mouthful, they are on the expensive side

We stopped off here for a cup of coffee, but after having seen the sign outside the shop stating they had the best pies around... we decided to sample as such - and I have to say in all honesty that I had one of the best meat and potato pie (a small cottage pie) for a long long time. The others in our party had a steak & kidney pie, and a sausage roll. I so enjoyed my pie that I declared I could eat it all over again! And so I did! This time sharing it with my husband.
As much as the pies were lovely, I have to say that I thought they were very expensive; the difference in price between take away or eating in was quite alarming, but I guess they know that they are situated in a quaint little village, and therefore a bit of a tourist 'trap'
The service was friendly and efficient - thank you

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 8, 2019 via mobile

Great mainstream and exotic pastries to enjoy as a snack or takeaway. The salted caramel tart is heaven and the tastings box a great intro to Gumnut delights.
Their cakes are superb and new options appear regularly in the window.
A fresher and more sumptuous morning tea than most of the other cafes in Berrima.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2019

Highly awarded patisserie definitely lives up to its reputation. Your taste buds will agree. Cannot leave Bowral without either eating one of these delights or taking one home to have later.

Date of visit: August 2019