“Best fish and chips for miles”
Review of Saltwater

Saltwater
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Bermagui
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in Bermagui for a few days and came here for take-away fish and chips a few times. I love fish grilled or battered and cooked with fresh fish, and we couldn't resist coming back for more of the brilliant kalamari grilled in the garlic butter. I love a good hamburger with the lot and this was one of the better ones I've had in a long while, and the salads are pretty good, good size containers and seem to be quite fresh. It was our hope to dine in at least once, but it was always too busy, but it was great to eat at one of the picnic tables nearby or to take our food over to the point for the magnificent view of Horseshoe Bay right round to Montague Island and the view of the coast to the north. A few times there was a big line of people but they were all served without too much delay.

There are newer reviews for Saltwater

Reviewed May 29, 2013

What a top little restaurant! My wife loves lobster and Naomi organised an off the menu lobster mornay for her. It was excellent. My my steak and seafood was very good too. The staff were great and the atmosphere just right. Happy to recommend this place!

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This cafe is 100% perfect! My partner and I stayed in bermagui for 1 night and had breakfast here the morning we left, food was delicious price was
Great and the ladies working were
Lovely! We will definatley go back! They even made fresh juice that Is a bih bonus. The views are just wonderful. Highly recommend this cafe :)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is an interesting waterfront restaurant with a takeaway fish and chips. We have had fish and chips here a dozen or more times and it is usually outstanding. One of the most difficult fish to cook well is kingfish - it has to be very fresh, and it has to be well-coated with batter or it dries out. The takeway meal we had on Wednesday was excellent. I don't know of a better fish and chips place south of Sydney.

1  Thank perkandt
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We enjoyed excellent morning coffee and a delicious baklava on New Years Day, after attending a dawn service at the Blue Pool. Fish swam beneath us in the clean harbour water as we enjoyed the glorious view across the bay. An evening visit for Fish and Chips was equally pleasant. They even found some malt vinegar for me; something that Australian 'chippies' don't seem to understand is essential.