“Slow service and over priced meals”
Review of Deck 56

Deck 56
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Belmont
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Deck 56 Restaurant is located directly opposite beautiful Lake Macquarie. We are open Monday-Sundayday 8.00am till late for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Light meals available in the afternoon. We specialise in great food with a casual, elegant atmosphere. We make all our desserts in house and am open for morning and afternoon tea, 7 days a week. Deck 56 is fully licensed, has wheelchair access and also caters for kids.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I visited this restaurant last week after not been there for over a year.
Again the location is lovely right on the lake and is probably the highlight of the place. The food is very overpriced for what you get. I had the beef salad for $27 which had very little beef and did not have a great deal of flavour to it.
Drinks are expensive but that is a fairly common theme throughout the area so not a big deal.
Service was very slow and we ended up having to go and ask for the bill after waiting for ages and trying to catch the eye of staff. The manager or owner seemed to absorbed in talking to others rather than serving the patrons.
Won't be rushing back anytime soon.

1  Thank Zoe G

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Our children organised a surprise 60th Anniversary lunch on 19th January. It was the best surprise but service was exceptional. The food was delicious. There wasn't one complaint. We had 30 people there and aw scrambled into the back area of the restaurant but that wasn't the restaurants fault. We wanted all these family and friends with us. We are going again next weekend for my birthday and can't wait. Would recommend to anyone who wants good food and service.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Just returned from Deck 56. We usually go into town to eat at nice restaurants but decided last month to try a local restaurant. I had been at Deck 56 for coffee and lunch so decided to try dinner. We were very impressed by the meal - at first we thought it a bit on the expensive side but once the meal arrived were surprised to get such exquisite food for such a price. Tonight I went again, after returning from the Sydney food festival and a fantastic lunch at Rushcutters.

I was apprehensive that may not live up to my memory of last month. fortunately I was so wrong and it was just as good as my memory ...and some of the best restaurants in Sydney. I have recommended to all my 'foodie friends' and look forward to my next meals at Deck 56- well done chefs and keep it up.

Also, I want to mention the service. The wait staff were helpful, bright and contributed to a great experience -it was a pleasure to be there.

Quickly becoming my favourite restaurant.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went on a Saturday night 08/03/14 and the place wasn't full but it ended up being the night from hell. Drink orders were forgotten, orders were gotten wrong. Food wasn't as described, for example paying $33 for small two tail sections of barrimundi is not a fillet as listed on menu and it tasted bad and was overcooked. All meals were small and overpriced. I would never recommend this place to anyone unless I wanted them to have a bad night. The time it took to be served our meals was another problem we arrived at 7.00pm and didn't get our mains until 9.15pm way too long to wait. Then we were not even offered dessert or coffee at all. So all in all a bad expensive night out. Do not go here if you have a choice. BAD BAD BAD

1  Thank ruthe66
Reviewed February 22, 2014

3 of us had breakfast.
great location
nice coffee
friendly service
food was just average, nothing to write home about and was pretty pricey for the quality provided.
would not go back.