“Do Not Stay Pelican Palms Motor Inn”

Belmont Palms Motel
Belmont, Australia
“Do Not Stay Pelican Palms Motor Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I am very upset to inform you all that you are not allowed to stay here for anymore than a week even if your are homeless they give you a price of $350 for a week then tell you to get out or pay $560 a week. You get one roll of toilet paper, pre used soap no cups,plates, knifes and forks, sugar, coffee or tea. There was a male here that is believed to be a pedo and everytime the female children or myself got into the pool he would come out and look at us the whole time we were in the pool and didnt hide the fact he was looking at us. he would ask all of us for smokes, money he asked us for food and when u would go inside he would come to the ash tray and take all the left over smokes. We all informed the manager of what he was doing and was making us feel uncomfortable it took 3 days before they kicked him out. The manager told other residents the i was a pole dancer (i would never do anything like that in my life). I will never stay here again i have never felt so uncomfortable and would like my money back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Flick-92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Surfers Paradise
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Sadly, I have nothing positive to say. The property has been badly, badly neglected. Locals told me that it had been shutdown with intention of demolition and then re-opened. Currently management is taking in people who are waiting for public housing. I will leave that image for your own imagination and say nothing more on that subject. Credit cards are not accepted and the room rate of $80.00 per night is not commensurate with the standard of the rooms. The room, in which I was to reside, was woeful. Having travelled extensively, I have stayed in the full spectrum of accommodation and I am fairly tolerant however I HAD to leave. I found accommodation at the Black Swan in Swansea. It was a delight and I shall review it soon.

Room Tip: Do not do it. Just drive, walk or run away.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank fozzie747
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Lake Macquarie Motor Inn
Lakeview Motor Inn Belmont
The Esplanade Motel
The Esplanade Motel
#1 of 2 in Warners Bay

Been to Belmont Palms Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Belmont Palms Motel

Property: Belmont Palms Motel
Address: 784 Pacific Hwy | Marks Point, Belmont, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 2280, Australia (Formerly Pelican Palms Motor Inn)
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Newcastle > Lake Macquarie > Belmont
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 6 Specialty Lodging in Belmont
Hotel Class:3 star — Belmont Palms Motel 3*
NEW OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT DEC 2016 The motel has undergone a major refurbish and we now offer not only modern updated rooms with facilities like kitchenettes with fridges and microwaves in every room, modern bathrooms and Smart TV but we also offer the enjoyment of the 15m in ground pool with BarBQ facilities and a communal Kitchen. Parking for every room is right at your door so no stairs or elevators, just the beautiful breeze from the Ocean or Lake Macquarie close by. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Belmont Palms Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Belmont Palms Motel Lake Macquarie, Australia