“Don't even bother going there!”

Aquarius Motel Belmont
Aquarius Motel Belmont
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Belmont
Bomaderry
“Don't even bother going there!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Booked on Wotif , paid and all. Said on booking that I would arrive at 9.00pm that night. Travelled 4 & 1/2 hrs to get there. Got there at and no one was there they had closed. I got there at 8.40pm. Its says their office hours are from 8.00am - 10.00pm. Some girl tried to help but had no idea what was going on. She was on the phone to the managers and they didn't even have the courtesy to talk to me direct, very rude. Told me that all the people had checked in. I got my email from Wotif. Their computer must have been broken or they can't read. I was totally unprofessional. Recommend no one stay there at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Shaun555
Elizabeth G, Owner at Aquarius Motel Belmont, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback Shaun 555. It is unfortunate that there was an issue with the wotif server and that your booking was not recieved at all. I did speak to wotif and they did assure me that there seemed to be an issue on the website.Yes our office closed at 6pm that night as all our guests that we had booked in had checked in for the night. I do apologise for the system error which is beyond our control but as you had only booked the room late that afternoon on the day of arrival, there was no way of knowing that there was a problem with the booking notifications.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Came today not knowing what to expect as the price for accommodation was very good, my husband and I walked into the office to book in and was greeted by the owners Elizabeth & Michael they made us feel so welcome, we were given the keys and entered our room to find the cleanest and cutest homely room we are extremely happy and have all ready booked our next stay here, the owners are Awsome and will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, I noticed on the front desk a sign that says enter as strangers leave as friends, well all I can say is that sign says it all, thanks so much Elizabeth & Micheal good hospitality is hard to find these day we will be back, Christine & Norman Walters

• Stayed October 2012
9 Thank cnwalters
Elizabeth G, Owner at Aquarius Motel Belmont, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely words and it was a pleasure spending time with you and meeting you both. We are looking forward to catching up with you both again in 2 weeks. Take care until then.

Warm Regards,

Elizabeth & Michael
Nowra, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed 1 night, Positive attitude and helpful from the Owners, Lovely fresh clean Motel, Shower was the best hot shower, Awesome night sleep as the Bedding and pillows was soft and comfortable. Awesome Motel all round.....

Room Tip: Room was nice and close to the office..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Newtravellerkazza
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we can assist you with accommodation the next time you're in the area. Take care

Regards,

Elizabeth
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, had the best nights sleep, rooms comfortable and very clean, owners friendly and helpful and breakfast was amazing. Will definately be staying here in 2 weeks for work.best motel in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
14 Thank George L
What a lovely surprise, thank you George and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip down.

Regards,

Elizabeth & Michael
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2011

After making a booking over the phone and telling the manager that we may have to cancel as we were dealing with the shock death of our father, The man who i spoke to said he was no good at computers and would not send us a confirmation because he couldnt use a computer, He needed to wait for his wife to arrive back from Sydney, My biggest mistake was to give my credit card and they prceeded to steal from me even after the guy told me if we didnt turn up by 7.30 they would not charge the card,

Well after checking internet banking i have found that they stole from my credit card $ 120 For nothing, I called and spoke to a lady who has not compassion and obvisally no people skills, I guess they wont be there long judgeing by the way they run the place,

One bonus is i am a 4th yr law student, and my brother a web desinger and theres a lot of forums out there so all i can say is refund it NOW, Or it will cost you a lot more than a $ 120,

Please people do n ot give these people your credit card detail as they will take your money for nothing, Thank you, Gary.

Room Tip: Dont stay there
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Gary F
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Driving from Queensland to Sydney lastnite,, We decided we needed sum sleep,, so we pulled in2 the Aquarius Motel cuse the light was on. Even though it was afta 10pm,, the owners were very welcoming n friendly, we chatted for ages. I had the best nites sleep, the t.v was massive and the room clean n fresh. . I would definately stay here again..
P.s Fresh milk n moccona coffee,, YUMMY!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
29 Thank Louise R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Lake Macquarie Motor Inn
Belmont Bayview Caravan Park
The Esplanade Motel
The Esplanade Motel
#1 of 2 in Warners Bay

Been to Aquarius Motel Belmont? Share your experiences!