“beautiful ,cosy , clean , friendly hostel,”

Bega Valley Backpackers Hostel
Ranked #3 of 3 Specialty Lodging in Bega
vancover canada
“beautiful ,cosy , clean , friendly hostel,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

the person that took the photo's , couldn't of said it any better , regarding this hostel, , its clean , well equipped , the beds are great ! the owner is helpful , will pick you up & give you local information , regarding the valley area , its a beautiful setting overlooking the soccer field , great area for watching nature, a great place to relax for a few days while visiting the area., i highly recommend staying at Bega international Hostel, one place that you will always remember on your trip to Auzzie

Room Tip: there"s no swimming pool ,or fittness center, the room next to the office is very private , th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank stuborn14

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stopped here on a motorcycle road trip one night without calling, or booking or any prior notice. I had stumbled across this place when I arrived in Bega late at night, and very wet from my ride. It was quiet season and the hostel did not look open. There was no one staying here and nor did it look like anyone was home.
I called the mobile phone number on the door and spoke to a nice man who ran the hostel. He was at home and had told me that no one else was staying and his wife was asleep in the back room. He told me to let myself in, pick a room and leave the money I owed on my pillow as I left in the morning.
I didn't get a chance to ever meet the man, but his honesty and trust in a complete stranger took me by surprise.
The facilities and space was great. The hostel had a very cosy feel to it and the bed was very warm and comfortable. The bedrooms are fantastic - very clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen had all I needed to make my meal and was very equipped with utensils, etc. The common area had a pool table and large TV with loads of movies.
It had the feeling of a traditional snow cottage.
The price I paid for staying here was VERY very cheap, and I wanted to leave a tip but had only the correct amount of cash on me. I work as a photographer and had my camera with me when I stayed so I thought the least I could do was take a couple of photos of the rooms so hopefully the lovely people who run this hostel can use them to get more travelers staying here.
I would recommend this place to anyone. I was very humbled by the service of the owners which I never got to even properly meet.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank ildole
vancover canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have stayed here many times . my friends have also stayed at this clean cozy hostel,friends tell friends , that how this hostel is advertized ,by word of mouth, the guests at this hostel are very well recieved,, welcomed by the family, this hostel is also very well priced, thats why they have repete customers, the rates have stayed at an affordable price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo