All reviews summer hills outdoor spa pool deck big spa bath big foodies byron bay bird song breakfast hamper relaxing weekend super comfy bed macadamia trees sized bed the perfect host great recommendations minute drive beautiful property mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

My family and I chose to stay here to celebrate my birthday. Our room was fresh and clean and we found the accomodation to be such a wonderful, secluded and peaceful space. The views from the pool area are spectacular. Our host, Francesca, was so friendly and welcoming. She was able to share with us a lot of local information regarding great restaurants and cafes and also activities to do and things to see. We left feeling rejuvenated. We would happily return! Tom and Laura.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018

We had 2 nights in Summer Hills and Francesca upgraded us because there was another guest who changed the date of the stay. We were able to stay at this fabulous cottage over looking the most beautiful view, and outdoor spa was absolutely fantastic. We had the most relaxed day. Francesca was very lovely and so helpful. We would definitely love to go back.

Room tip: Beautiful views
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018

From the moment we arrived we felt instantly relaxed! To get away from the hustle and bustle of city life does not come often to myself and my partner, and SummerHills Retreat did not disappoint and certainly gave us everything we were looking for and more. We were welcomed so warmly by the wonderful Francesca (our host) who gave us a thorough tour of the property, and really made us feel instantly at home. We were then offered an upgrade, however it was a choice for us to decide as both options were beautiful. We took the cottage with the spa on the deck as the weather was beautiful, and we were excited to enjoy this feature. Our weekend was truly magical, from the beautiful spas looking up to the stars, the amazing service from Francesca looking after our every need (including restaurant reservations, and local tourist information) and the gorgeous room / bed - it was honestly a weekend to remember! We will definitely return, and looking forward to come back in Summer with our children to enjoy the beautiful swimming pool as well!

Room tip: Rooms available for all styles of travelers, recommend the cottage with deck spa for couples!
Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Spending a weekend at Summer Hills you can well appreciate the secluded beauty that Dale Kerrigan and his family saw in Bonnie Doon (minus the insect lamps of course!). We were met by panoramic views of the hinterland, and a lovely host named Francesca who welcomed us to the retreat. A gentle water feature and flowers set the tone in this quiet holiday experience. Our large, comfortable room offered a private spa bath which was an excellent way to relax after exploring the expansive wooded property on one of their two walking tracks.

We lazed away the late afternoon on the pool deck, reading and enjoying the view until the sun withdrew to the hills and painted the whole sky a deep orange with its final rays. One of the most beautiful sunsets I’ve witnessed anywhere in the world.

A few minutes away by car you can explore Bangalow’s vibrant main street, or if you venture a little further afield, it is handy to Byron Bay. Francesca kindly suggested and booked a taxi so that we could enjoy a special dinner at the Italian Diner.

Coming back again, I would be confident of genuine hospitality, privacy, and fresh air to relax and recharge the batteries. It’s just the vibe of it!

The best birthday I’ve had all year.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

I had a 2 night stay in this gorgeous cottage. It was very peaceful and have to admit I had best night sleep. Francesca the host was so accomodating with all my questions on places to eat and things to do. Planning on another trip and will make it s long stay. The in house spa treatment was in the top 5 I’ve ever had.. highly recommend to stay here.

Date of stay: April 2018