“Lunch at Bangalore Pub”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Bangalow
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

My wife had a chicken schnitzel and we waited 30 minutes for a meal that either of us couldn’t eat, just awful. Had to pay extra to have gravy - sorry “jus”! Won’t be going back. Lots of better cafes just down the hill, cheaper & nicer.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We haven’t been to this pub for sometime. With visitors here we decided to give it a go. Pleasantly surprised. We all had a very good lunch, reasonably priced and the wine list extensive. Definitely worth a visit. Friendly staff and a great location overlooking the Main Street of Bangalow.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Lunch on a Saturday to escape the Byron crowds was an interesting experience. We sat in the outside covered area which was a really nice setting. We ordered bread, oil and dukka to start which was fine (bit more oil would have been good). Then we had lamb and pork belly for mains. The lamb wasn’t huge but was quite pleasant. The pork belly was really under done and unpleasant..looked like it had been steamed prior to going into the oven or under the griller but the vital step somehow got skipped. When the waiter came by and was told there was a distinctive “who cares” vibe. A shade under $70 was pretty steep for this (drinks at the bar were paid for separately). Not happy.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch today. Ordered a couple of things and after 20 mins asked where our order was mentioning that we had a flight to catch. Response from the waitress ‘don’t we all’. Turns out there was a glitch in the order system and the food oder hadn’t gone through. Did you really have to respond in that way? Not cool and won’t be back

Reviewed March 12, 2018

I met a mate in Bangalow when I was recently in Byron and we met for a beer here, unfortunately I was driving so couldn't enjoy the beers as much as I would have liked to but if I'm ever staying in Bangalow I would definitely come back and check this place out again as they had some good beers on tap and I thought the pub had some character and a good old feel about it.