“GREAT PLACE”

Bangalow Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Bangalow B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very enjoyable stay, in a lovely calm environment. Really enjoyed it, VERY WELCOMING...GRACIOUS, BUT NOT TRENDY. Manager was very pleasant, we had to leave very early in the morning, she set up a lovely tray, food in fridge etc. Was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Recently rented out the entire property to hold my wedding here. The location is amazing and the house is divine, BUT, upon checking in the day before my wedding the caretaker started to have a nervous breakdown as I didn't have a wedding co-ordinator and she thought I had too many guests. They were always aware of the amount of guests I was having and it was only ever 'suggested' that I should hire someone to make it less stressful for myself. So, not off to a great start - way to stress out a bride even more! Then to make matters even worse the morning of my wedding I then see her taking a couple around the grounds showing them about! In my mind she was completely unprofessional and she put a dampener on my wedding

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vanessa H
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Bangalow Guesthouse for our honeymoon at the end of September and start of October. We couldn't recommend it more highly, with the room quality and service quite excellent. The breakfasts were especially phenomenal, with a 2-course breakfast consisting of muesli and a cooked breakfast. Our favorite was the French toast. The baked goodies available throughout the day was an added homely touch.

Would love to come back, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Recently stayed just the single night, and enjoyed the hospitality, and close proximity to Bangalow. It is a restored home with 4 ensuite rooms, and a generous shared living/dining room. The kitchen is open house, with our host cooking a wonderful banana cake for guests afternoon tea. Tea and coffee are available 24 hrs from the kitchen.
The only downside was the proximity to the road, which was a little noisy.
Parking onsite, with lovely gardens to walk through.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently spent a week end at the Bangalow Guest House and would highly recommend it for a getaway. Set amongst beautiful grounds, the house has period features and lovely classic decor which give it a very relaxed feel. Samantha and Anneke were gorgeous hosts, and breakfast of local muesli/yoghurt and the delicious fresh local organic eggs on the balcony with sun on my back was idyllic!
The claw foot bath (with cake from Samantha) in the queen room proved the perfect end to a busy day. It would be a great place to hire out for a group of friends, and I can see why it is a popular place for weddings.

Room Tip: The queen room with claw bath was my favourite- take advantage of it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here while attending Splendour in the Grass, and I'm so glad I booked to stay here instead of in the hustle and bustle of Byron Bay. The rooms were simple and lovely, breakfast was yummy and our hostess was lovely. Bangalow is a lovely little town, and we really enjoyed our stay here. Would definitely visit again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A beautiful spot. Restored house with exquisite furnishings. Beautifully maintained gardens although a bit too wet to use to its full advantage whilst we were there. Breakfast adequate although tables set outside in the middle of winter required us to wear coats!
Unfortunately the lack of attention to detail made our stay not the luxury experience we were hoping for. There was no hand soap in the bathroom, some areas quite dirty, flowers in the common areas were not fresh or were of the service-station style mixed bunch. There was a lunch held during our stay, on the balcony, which we had been pre warned about. However, I had specifically enquired whether it would mean that the noise would impact on our room, and been reassured that it wouldn't, yet this was certainly not the case. The house was generally very noisy sue to it being on the main road. Also, the old floor boards meant that every footstep travelled. Our baby girl was unable to take either her usual morning or afternoon nap due to the noise (which as any parent knows can lead to a very disrupted holiday).
I wished we had stayed elsewhere.

Room Tip: The king suite is probably the noisiest.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangalow
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
Abelia House
Abelia House
#12 of 34 in Byron Bay
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa

Been to Bangalow Guesthouse? Share your experiences!