“Great location”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ballina
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have just returned from 3 nights staying at the Ramada. Had a lovely unit on the corner facing the river. Nice room, good bathroom. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Walking distance to good cafe and Main Street.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This new hotel is located on the border of the river. Excellent decor of good taste. Very good room, nice views, balcony, very well equipped.
Quality of continental breakfast was excellent but very limited choice and some staff not very attentive. Late refurbishment of food. Management, be there at breakfast (!)
Very convenient garage. Town center at walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Got a lovely spa room on the ground floor - reasonably priced, functional wireless and good restaurants both in the hotel and just outside. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only downside for Bluesfest was the 1 hour plus bus ride to the festival

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Ramada is well located on the Richmond River and we used it as a base camp to explore Byron Bay and some of the interior townships in the region. It has a great walkway along the river, lovely views and provides free access to a convenient laundry room facility. The dining room was very good too.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben D, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Ssigl thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It was great to read you got to enjoy our region and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed in a 1 Bedroom Riverview overlooking small harbour on 5th floor for 4 nights in March - did not want to go home. Very comfortable, plenty of room, as sofa was a foldout bed room catered for 4( chairs, outdoor seating and crockery and cutlery). Lovely sitting outdoors eating breakfast or glass of wine at end of day. (supermarket very close to enable self catering). Easy walk to restaurants/cafes/shops. Very comfy king size bed and twin vanity bathroom. One of the best hotel pools ever on 3rd level - great for morning swim. Easy walking tracks just outside the door. 1st time to Ballina - hope to be back and would stay again at Ramada.

Room Tip: A 1 Bed suite much more comfortable for more than 1 night .
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear DDDN2014, I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and managed you experience our facilities, and your first for Ballina. We do hope to see you again soon. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have been staying at the Ramada 4 times a year for the last 7 or so years. Generally I find it a pleasant stay in comfortable surroundings. However, I must say that my recent visit was a disappointment. I entered my room to find it possibly the smallest room I have ever stayed in, and if they think that is a Queen size bed, I have news. I own a Queen size, and this was not it!
After that I noticed an awful smell which I tracked down as the floor waste in the bathroom. I opened the balcony door to ventilate and covered the waste. I then had a shower only to find the soap holder was broken and my soap and shampoo kept falling on the floor.
Due to the small size of the room, it was difficult to set up my bag and the ironing board at the same time.
The following morning, I turned the TV on to watch some news whilst getting ready. It didn t work.
As I said, I am a regular business traveller to Ballina and I often have a colleague with me. My stays overall have been good. But of late, the rooms allocated to me seem to be at the bottom end of what is available. Small, no table or lounge, broken fittings, etc.
As a business traveller, I do like that little bit of space that a lounge or table offers for doing that bit of work at the end of the day. I know these rooms are there. I have stayed in them.
On several occasions I have stated that I would like various points noted in my profile about room location, etc and have been told this has been done. I am finding this is generally not the case.
I reported the room faults to the front desk upon checking out and the maintenance issues were noted.
I just hope that my future stays at the Ramada go back to match my earlier ones, because the experience in the last 12 months has not been fabulous.

Room Tip: Lower floors near Martin Street do suffer from a/c noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tracois29

Dear Tracois29 Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Apologies for the maintenance issues you mentioned. As you would know from previous visits this is not our standard. I am unable to comment on your room allocation as I do not know which room type you booked, or the circumstance associated with your booking. You seem to have described two different room types. If you could please make yourself known to reception and myself on your next stay we can address this for you. I look forward to speaking with you. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We booked a 1 night getaway while nana was here to mind the kids - liked it so much we stayed a second night (& would have stayed longer if nana didn't have to go back home!). Beautiful, big clean suites, super comfy king bed. Very friendly and efficient service. Really nice rooftop pool. Everything we needed was right there, loved it - bliss! Can't wait to go there again! I have put it on my birthday wish list.

Room Tip: we had a pool side suite, as we just wanted to swim & lay about in the pool and have easy access...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple