Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron
Ballina Heritage Inn(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$95
Ballina Palms Boutique Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$92
Ballina Beach Village(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Ballina Beach Resort(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$126
Coast Inn Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Ballina Manor Boutique Hotel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
Avlon Gardens Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$77
$74
Travelocity
  • Pool
Comfort Inn All Seasons(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$81
$74
Priceline
  • Pool
Ballina Travellers Lodge Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$54
TripAdvisor
Ballina Island Motor Inn(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$79
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverpoint restaurantone bedroom suiteroom servicespa bathindian restaurantrestaurant downstairslarge balconyfull kitchenlovely spotthe ground floorlounge areasaw dolphinsstayed for nightsgreat rooma lovely staythe main street
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed for two nights in a ground floor room overlooking the river. It was a beautiful, quiet spot. The room setup was of a very high standard, with a fridge, microwave, cook top, and plenty of good quality plates, cookware and cutlery. There are a couple of decent restaurants nearby - Indian and Italian. But the room was so lovely we decided to walk a block to the nearby Woolworths, purchase some ingredients and cook meals in the comfort of our beautiful room.

We slept very soundly on the king size bed. The bathroom is modern and spacious as well. The shower is more than big enough for two people.

It's a quiet, pleasant area of Ballina. You can stroll along the banks of the very beautiful Richmond river.

Room Tip: Staff were more than happy to show us a couple of available rooms and allow us to choose. I highly recommend taking this option.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen W, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear vandirk, thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and we hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had a one bedroom suite on the pool level. I really liked the design where we had two one bedroom units that shared a balcony, a common entry and a laundry. I often travel with my adult children and I think I will be taking them here when I organise our next trip. They will have their own space but we can get together for a drink on the balcony overlooking the beautiful Richmond River. Stunning.

When I was a kid our family spent several holidays in Ballina at the caravan park. Ballina has always had the charm of an Australian coastal holiday destination, sun, surf, fishing and relaxing times. Still does. Love it.

In recent years I have passed through Ballina many times on my way to somewhere else, the big prawn served as a refuelling stop. Ballina is now by-passed and the big prawn is no more. I am not sure I like the new version a little way down the road so much.

I was looking for a weekend away for the spouse and yours truly and found the Ramada on the Richmond River. Not sorry we chose to stay there.

The hotel has a nice open feel about it, water views, well appointed rooms, friendly staff, good eating on-site and secure car parking. Walk across the road to a supermarket and all the usual shops you find in Main Street, Australia.

Overseas, particularly US visitors would really enjoy this taste of old time Aussie recreation while still getting the best of a world class venue.

Anyone still deciding if it is a great destination worth visiting, here is a clue ...

The General Manager of this Hotel takes the time to respond to every post on TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: We stayed on a weekend and there was a lot of motor boat traffic on the river. Didn't bother us but might some, get a higher floor. Pool floor balconies are bigger.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen W, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hello MeBean There 2, thank you for your wonderful review about your stay at Ramada Hotel & Suites and Ballina, we agree! Ballina has a wonderful natural charm. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our facilities, location and service and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return with your family.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay at the Ramada Hotel and Suites. It was clean and we had a beautiful view of the river, and my favorite part was the pool area which was just magnificent. The room we were in wasn't really appropriate for a weekend, it was more set up for a long term accommodation, as it was in a very large space with kitchen facilities and a laundry shared between two rooms. In hindsight we would have picked a smaller room with different features to give ourselves more value for money. However I can't complain about the room at all, it was very comfortable and we liked the balcony area which was a benefit of the room we were in. The restaurants adjoining the hotel were very nice particularly the Indian cuisine, however watch out as all three eateries had a surcharge on Sundays which made the experience very pricey. The hotel was in the perfect location for Ballina and furthermore it was only a short drive to the airport, plus it was a short trip to take a car to Byron or Lennox Heads. I was pleased we stayed in Ballina as it was far more peaceful and a more suitable atmosphere for us than Byron

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Lucy A, thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina. We are delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and service that our hotel offers and the natural peace and beauty of the northern rivers region. Thank you once again and I hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is in a quiet location on the Richmond River, close to shops and resturants. We spent two nights here and were so pleased we dcided to upgrade to a one bedroom suite which was clean and spacious with a balcony overlooking the tiny boat harbour and river. Our bathroom was a reasonable size and actually had two wash basins which meant my husband had enough room to shave while I dried my hair! Nice pool with towels provided. The Ramada has three restaurants and we ate at The Point and the Cucina di Vino - both served delicious food. Unforunately time didn't allow us to sample to Mumtaj Indian. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, preferably not overlooking the pool. River views are better. Ground floor rooms poolside could be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen W, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Digini, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Booked for one night and ended staying for four.

Lots to commend about this hotel. Staff were very friendly and efficient, any requests for service were swiftly and courteously dealt with.

The swimming pool was excellent and the on-site restaurant and coffee lounge, which overlooked the river, were pleasant and not over expensive.

There is a secure underground car park with direct access to the hotel.

Centrally located and within walking distance of many good restaurants and one block away from the tourist information centre.

We particularly like the large balcony overlooking the river where we were able to breakfast in the morning and take a refreshing glass of wine in the evening. The suite came with a King size bedroom, a large lounge/ kitchen/dining area with enough room for a two piece suite, dining table and chairs and the kitchen area equipped with a huge fridge freezer, micro wave, dishwasher, toaster and all the cutlery and crockery you could require.

There is wifi throughout the hotel though there is a charge ($5 per day).

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Gallimaufry, Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your stay at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina. It gives our team genuine pleasure to provide our guests with such a positive holiday experience and we are delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and our beautiful region. We hope to be of service to you in again the future, thank you once again.