Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron
Ballina Heritage Inn(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$97
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn All Seasons(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$82
$76
  • Pool
Avlon Gardens Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$78
  • Pool
Ballina Travellers Lodge Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$57
$118
$100
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Ballina Palms Boutique Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$101
$81
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
Coast Inn Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$66
$62
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Ballina Homestead Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
Chaparral Motel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$63
$61
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsthe riverpoint restaurantone bedroom suiteroom servicespa bathindian restaurantrestaurant downstairslarge balconyfull kitchenlovely spotthe ground floorlounge areasaw dolphinsstayed for nightsgreat rooma lovely staythe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here twice recently - overnight stays for work in Casino (about an hours drive). I found the hotel to be of excellent standard and extremely well priced. I was on the second floor and the fifth floor and both had lovely views. Wi-Fi was available for $5 a day. I utilised the pool on one visit which was also excellent with towels available for guests in a box. The bathrooms were huge and included a spa with a view to the TV which I enjoyed on one stay. The first time I stayed I got a nice hamburger from up the road and some bits and pieces from the new Woolworths. The second time I ate dinner at the hotel and enjoyed a lovely salad and glass of wine overlooking the river. I had breakfast in cafe's not in the hotel both times. I would definitely recomend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ben D, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear CuteEmma, thank you so much for submitting your review. It was great to read you enjoyed yourself and managed to take advantage of some of our local businesses. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Thank you. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in late November. First impressions were great, from the outside the hotel looks modern to compliment its fantastic location. Check in was quick and easy and the staff extremely helpful and more importantly very friendly. Our room on the fifth floor was as impressive as the rest of the hotel. Great view overlooking the river. The bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The bathroom was huge with an excellent deep spa which was well utilised. The pool looked fantastic and would have been used for sure had the wind eased a little.There were only two issues that were relatively minor but to me are the difference between 4 and 5 star. The shower head was coming away from the wall and as a result was hanging down. Anyone over 6 foot tall (me) needs to duck to get under the shower anyway so it didn't need to be hanging any lower. We were a bit disappointed and surprised that a hotel of this standard didn't empty the rubbish bin when the room was made up. We had taken advantage of the great view on the balcony watching the sunset and there were a few empty stubbies in the bin which were not emptied. It may have just been an oversight but it is the little things that you tend to notice, just glad there was no food in the bin. Overall though, we thoroughly enjoyed staying here and definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiny_Chablis

Dear Tiny_Chablis thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our standard that all rubbish is emptied during each service. Apologies your room was overlooked and I will bring this to the attention of Housekeeping Manager to unsure this standard is maintained. Thank you again and I look forward to hosting you again soon. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed one night last minute here on our way to Byron Bay. The front desk staff were very warm and helpful. Our room was wonderful. It was so clean, and had every amenity we could ask for. The views from the master bedroom were over the water and the harbour, with two walls of floor to ceiling glass. There was a large deck off the living area with able and chairs, overlooking the water. We didn't use the kitchen, but it appeared to be vey well equipped. The bathroom was really large with a very nice shower. The pull out couch was made up, and my kids said it was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was also very good. I would definitely recommend this spot. Great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jennifer i

Dear Jennifer i, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It was great to read you and your family enjoyed your stay and I do hope to see you again in the not to distant future. Thank you again. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Due to bad weather I had the pleasure of staying at the Ramada spacious suite comfy bed and all the mod cons one would require, share laundry in the entrance for 2 apartments large balcony with a wonderful view of the River.
Great pool love the outdoor furnishings but would like a sunbed that would be adjustable to lay flat and the individual curved pods are comfy and have some cover from the sun if needed.
Italian & Indian restaurant close by plus the hotel bar and restaurant on the premises.

Room Tip: River front suites quiet if you have a pool view and it's busy with guests noise could be a issue but that's only if it has a lot of guests using the area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joanne1031Sydney

Dear Joanne1031Sydney, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I had hoped the sun would shine for you but am delighted you enjoyed yourself just the same. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited Ballina for 1 week on business, staying in a 1 bedroom suite.
The rooms were very well equipped and spacious, with a lovely verandah view over the river. The ample kitchenette and separate dining table were fantastic.
Everything was extremely neat and tidy, however, most of the glasses in the kitchen had dirty marks, lipstick, etc, which was a little off putting.
When calling the hotel, I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They helped me to organise my stay at an appropriate rate, and were always prompt to respond to my enquiries. However, a couple of the front desk staff during my stay were very curt and abrupt, and a little rude during check in/out. I would have expected a more consistent standard of service at this level of accommodation, but having said that I guess you will find helpful and not so helpful people wherever you go! This didn't really bother me, as I was out to business during the day and did not need assistance from the front desk staff on many occasions.
The location was very central to the town, which was great. It was also helpful to have the restaurants and take away options on the ground floor of the hotel.
The garage was extremely busy after "work hours", and quite tight to maneuver a car around. But it was great to have the secure undercover option, with secure roller doors after hours.
One comment on noise, the suites shared a small entrance hallway between two. This meant that each time my neighbor closed their door or were a little noisy, the noises could be heard quite loudly in my room, which was a bit tricky when they arrived home late, etc. Perhaps asking for a room away from others (if possible) might help this.
Also, as the rooms look right out directly onto the river, the lower floor rooms are not very private due to the public walkway along the river. This was always buzzing with joggers and people walking, which created a nice ambiance, however, it did also mean they were only a few metres from the verandah!! This would not be an issue on higher floors, so remember to ask.
Overall I enjoyed my stay, and found the Ramada a very comfortable and convenient home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, for more privacy from the public walkway along the river just outside the Hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear AJ_Brissie, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am very pleased to read that your over all stay was comfortable. All staff operate at a high level of consistency, whether it being front office or housekeeping. However in light of your feedback i will address this with staff to ensure our standard remains consistent. Thank you again and i look forward to hosting again soon. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager