“My second stay....fantastic”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ballina
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada on the 24th August.
I actually booked 7 rooms for a small group. Motorcycle friendly. Great secure undercover park.
Excellent again....reception staff...location...restaurant....dinner and breakfast...just great.
I got an upgrade...nice touch. I will alway stay at the Ramada.

THANKS TO THE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF.

Stayed: August 2013
BallinaRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear klja1961, thank you for your fantastic feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Karen Whiteford

Reviewed August 23, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times and all but one time got a top class room and service. Only time I was disappointed was when I booked through wotif but every time I book direct get a fantastic. Restaurant is great, views top class, location easy walk to everything.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Sally H, Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay at the Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the dolphins are definitely a very welcome bonus! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Karen Whiteford

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at Ramada at Ballina this weekend. Was in a one bedroom apartment, has beautiful views overlooking the water and watched Dolphines swimming about. Apartment was great, with good kitchen. Had a pizza delivered from local restaurant which was great. Breakfast in the restaurant was great.

Room Tip: Apartments are cheaper than motel rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I decided a short break within a couple of hours from home was needed. We decided on the Ramada at Ballina as we had stayed there before and the views over the river are lovely. Once again we booked a one bedroom suite.

Rob on reception was friendly and professional when I booked and in person on our arrival. Thanks Rob.

The suite was lovely as usual except that it was not cleaned to a high standard. The rug in the lounge area was either dirty or stained. The fabric on the sofa and armchair was marked and either dirty or stained as well. Very disappointing and it left me wondering whether the dishes in the kitchenette were thoroughly cleaned (we washed them ourselves before using just in case). Like other reviewers we also noticed trays in hallways for over 24 hours. If we could see them how could house cleaning miss them?

My only other gripe was that on our second day the housekeepers came to make up our room. My husband asked if they could return as I was in the shower. It was obviously not a welcome request and although they did return we felt uncomfortable making any other requests.

The take away meal from the Indian restaurant downstairs was very tasty and one serve was large enough for two. Unfortunately we couldn't eat at The Point restaurant as it was closed to the public for a function. We had heard that the chef is excellent but sadly weren't able to try out his skills.

Would we stay again? Because Ballina is a quick getaway for us and the views over the river are so relaxing....possibly. With a higher standard of cleanliness and less attitude from some of the staff I would rate it as Excellent.

Tip for room: The one bedroom suites do not have a bath if this is important to you. Some balconies are shared so if you want privacy and peace ask for a high room overlooking the river at the end furthest from the restaurant. Level 5 or 6 would be best.

Room Tip: Ask for a High level on the river and at the end furthest from the restaurant. There is a shared bal...
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you have to stay a night or two in Ballina (and it's a good place to stop off on a road trip from Sydney to Brisbane, especially as it's only a short drive to stupidly expensive Byron Bay) this is probably the best place - new, stylish, river views and large well appointed suites. Right in the city centre, but behind the shops looking out over the river, so you could imagine you're more isolated. We too were annoyed by a charge for internet (why do they do this? It can't make them much money, would be very little in their overall costs and be a great marketing bonus) and also had not very hot water - we called the maintenance man but he also gave excuses. Still - who wants to stay more than a couple of days in Ballina...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear HilaryMataranga, Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we will utilise your feedback to further improvement our services. Kind regards, Karen Whiteford

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent a week here, visiting friends who have left the rat race behind. It is beautifully located, and The Point Restaurant has beautiful views. There were a few things that I really didn't like, though: they charge for in-room internet access, (this always irritates me!) and they had wooden blinds that separate the bathroom from the bedroom, so privacy is non-existent.
Although I wasn't on honeymoon, I still value my privacy, and didn't really like hearing everything my husband was doing in the bathroom, or him hearing me.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view on at least the fourth floor, and watch dolphins in the river!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BallinaRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear EllieF63, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Ramada Hotel & Suites Ballina Byron. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback on the internet access. There are one bedroom suites also available which do not have the opening shutters from the bathroom which would provide you with much more privacy, so we hope that you will return and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Karen Whiteford