“Like this one” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hotel & Suites

You added Ramada Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Hotel & Suites
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Martin Street, Ballina, New South Wales 2478, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Ballina
Pine Rivers
“Like this one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I travel a lot for business and this is one of the hotels I don't mind stay at. Nice and handy location staff have always been helpfully and friendly and has 3 restaurants within the complex and short walk to others.

Handy place to stay

Room Tip: Water front have great views of the river whilst the others have a pretty average view of CBD so if...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
mid north coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Dont be fooled by picture on website. The hotel spa room did not look like this. Spa was an old worn our spa bath. No shutters as per pic. Tiles were very chipped - overall misleading and overdue for a revamp. At no stage was I advised it would b different . On a positive note bed was comfortable and liked having a balcony which had some water views. Service was average. Staff need to at least look like they enjoy being there. A smile and Thankyou goes a long way.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Hez64
Ben D, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Hez64, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. However I am a little confused by your comments regarding misleading information. ALL our Spa Rooms are as per the image, all are fitted with shutters and all spa baths are in great condition. I am of the thought that you may of possibly been referring to the property formerly known as Ramada located near by in Ballina and not this actual property. Could I ask you to please contact us so as to address these concerns. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

During a road trip up the NSW coast, my husband & I stayed at the Ramada, Ballina. We originally booked a 2 night stay but enjoyed the experience so much we booked an extra night. The suite was very well equipped with a full kitchen, dining area, lounge with flat screen TV, large bedroom with en-suite bathroom including large glass shower area containing a rainforest shower. There were private balconies to the lounge/dining area and from the bedroom. The suite also had access to complimentary laundry facilities, shared with one other suite( very useful when travelling).
We used the bar and dining room. The meals were excellent with a wide ranging menu. All levels of staff we met were helpful and polite.
The Ramada made a good base for exploring the area. There is a great breakwater where you can watch the birds, fishermen and surfers-- fantastic.
I could continue but would recommend anyone to visit and make their own judgement.
Can't wait for the opportunity to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've just returned from a weekend stay in a Spa room. I'm surprised I hadn't read this before, but there's a weird situation where two rooms share a mini hallway - or at least, this is how it was on my floor. So my room (spa room) shared a hallway with the next door 1 bed apartment. In any normal situation, this would actually be good, because it would minimise noise from the main hallway - but the mini-hallway magnifies any noise within it because it's just a tiny hall with file floor, all the sound reverberates off the hard walls and floor. So what this meant is that every knock at the door of my neighbour was as loud as if it was happening in my room. One night I was napping, my neighbours had room service, the delivery guy literally banged on that door like he was announcing armageddon - quite a shock to the system.

The other downside of sharing this hallway is that it's not just the hallway, it transpired that I was also sharing a balcony - personally - perhaps because of my unsocial attitude - I find this peculiar - I've got my own room, could I not have my own balcony? I was surprised by this, I've never seen it before - and it made me uncomfortable about using the space.

Overall the hotel is OK, they advertise themselves as 4.5 star, it's nearer 4 star in all honesty. Nice enough, very clean - my room was supposed to be non-smoking, but there was an odour in the room - I guess it could have been from smokers on the balcony - but there was also a big cigarette burn on the carpet.... easily aired out though. Nice bed, comfy and I had no issues with noise. The front desk staff were very helpful and helped me out with taxis and advice during my stay.

The TV channels seemed to show all sport and not a lot else, internet was available and was reasonably priced in terms of time, but not download - eg 2 hours = 100mb and only a few dollars, so great for basic email/social media etc, but you couldn't download a movie - or even a TV show. I spoke to front desk staff about this and they explained it was an issue they had with their own download limits and that they were waiting for NBN - fair enough I guess, frustrating for anyone used to being connected 24/7!

And Ballina - a sprawling town, nice enough - not at all touristy - and no real catering towards tourists - which is a real shame. Very difficult to get around the town, very limited public transport - and nothing really to see or do in Ballina - that I could find - it was really a town you pass through rather than stay *in*. A real shame - people visit the area and leave immediately for Byron, Lennox, Bangalow - Ballina misses out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank alice1
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and all times have been enjoyable.
Check in is a bit tedious, but once this is worth the stay.
The rooms are very well priced and well appointed, the bed very comfortable spa bath a blessing adn the veiw out to the Richmond River peaceful.
The Bar area is a nice place to start your night, with good resturants and the RSL all in walking distance to the hotel.
Breakfast was really good and the service was spot on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I will try to keep this review short and.....sour. Yet again a good chain is let down by rotten front desk staff. The woman who checked me in tonight was a complete[--]!!!
I don't normally use such strong language but I bit my tounge and did not express my disgust to her, as she couldnt wait to get rid of me quickly enough. I checked in at 8pm and she gave me the impression that I was spoiling her night by actually checking in. Rude, surly and thoroughly unprofessional- she is a disgrace to Ramada's name and turned me off the entire chain.
I stay at over 30, 4 and 5 star motels and hotels a year, and this receptionist is the worst.And yet....

Lovely room, well worth the $160 for a spa room. Good tv with good Foxtel channels, nice bed and bathroom. But again crappy coffee and tea is provided...Such a simple thing to get right, yet so few do.Why?????

Anyway I hope the manager of this hotel reads this becuase they need to employ new front staff. It is a shame becuase the hotel is well located in Ballina and has three restaurants, just metres away. Had I received a reasonably pleasant greeting this hotel would be getting 4.5 stars from me. But again a 2 minute interaction left a sour taste in my mouth. Surely Australia can do better than the current unhappy, unprofessional and rude front desk staff we have to endure at supposedly upmarket hotels and motels???

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Fussyandhonest
Ben D, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Fussyandhonest At Ramada Ballina we pride ourselves on our level of professionalism and customer service and was surprised to see your comments. I have noted these and will address all staff to ensure we maintain the high standards we have worked hard to establish. Thank you for your review on the high standards of our rooms, facilities and location, again it is our main priority to ensure our guests experience a pleasant and comfortable stay. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager
Tweed Heads, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed there during his work Christmas party and we absolutly enjoyed it. The Hotel Spa rooms was fantastic, The pool was wonderful and the view from the rooms where beautiful. The Point Bar was the perfect place to hold the Christmas party and we really enjoyed ourselves. We had previously stayed here in 2009 and always had a wonderful experience.

Highly recomended!

Room Tip: if you budget allows.... splash out and get the 1 or 2 bedroom suits
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ben D, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Steph O thank you for your review, We are thrilled you and your husband enjoyed yourselves and our facilities. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Kind regards Ben Dargie Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballina
Comfort Inn All Seasons
Ballina Heritage Inn
#1 of 18 in Ballina
4.5 of 5 stars 161 reviews
Ballina Palms Boutique Motel
Quality Hotel Ballina (Ballina Beach Resort)
Ballina Beach Village
Ballina Beach Village
#8 of 18 in Ballina
4.0 of 5 stars 202 reviews

Been to Ramada Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!