Ballina Palms Boutique Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbalinese stylebalinese suitelittle extraswindow shuttersthe riverroom was beautifully decoratedpool towelsplace to stayfree wifihappily stay here againsmall kitchenettegreat showeron arrivalup to dateair conbed was comfortableroad noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We have just had a week at Ballina Palms and would recommend it to anyone, in fact we met a couple on the way home and gave them the card we had. Leanne made us feel very welcome. If you had a small problem she was right on it.
The rooms are spotless, clean linen every day even though we were there the week. They were thoroughly cleaned every day. In fact we came back a little early a couple of days and could not believe the extent they went to to ensure it was clean.
There is a good washing machine machine and dryer which we needed when staying a week.
As I am a light sleeper I worried that the traffic might be noisy, but you would you would just hear a light vehicle go past, no trucks at all.
The wireless broadband was very good.
We tried as much as possible to be self contained because we could not afford to eat out every night. The only problem we did have was for us staying for a week we could have done with another couple of plates but not everyone stays as long as we did. I am sure if we had asked we would have received them.
The rooms appeared to be very sound proofed.
Thanks once again for our enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2011

On a recent business trip to Ballina, I sought to look for a change in motels from my usual stay.
I checked the internet under the Golden Chain group and found this motel.
On enquiring about accommodation for the date required, I was assured by a very pleasant lady that a room would be available. To my surprise, I was not required to provide credit card details as is required by numerous other establishments.
On arrival I was greeted in a most welcoming way, with check in very quick and easy.
I was more than surprised with the quality of the fittings to the rooms, with flat screen TV, quality cutlery and crockery, large bathrooms and the pleasant decor.
The room was spotlessly clean, the towels and linen of a high standard, and toiletries of an equally high standard.
The location of the motel is away from the busy highway where most other motels are situated. The surrounds are equally clean and well presented, with a quiet pool surrounded by palms and other tropical plants.
My breakfast was served to my room and I was amazed at the presentation and size of the meal. Definitely cafe style food and presentation.
On my departure, I booked a room for a forthcoming business trip.
And the best part are the low rates for exceptional rooms and service.
I would definitely recommend this establishment to all and sundry.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lins52
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stayed here two nights. We found the accomodation in Byron Bay expensive and outdated. Ballina is 30 minutes drive away and has nicer cheaper accomodation.

A hostel in Byron tried to charge us $100 a night for a twin room, no facilities and shared toilet, small bed, old sheets..... a motel was $150 and average...

However we found this Motel down in Ballina, $105 a night, spacious rooms, recently renovated, nice amenties - we even used the bbq area to cook our dinner on one evening. The free wifi was an unexpected surprise and the lady manager was very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank the_travelling_Brit
Reviewed January 10, 2011

An excellent motel with a warm welcome, a very nice and clean room with "atmosphere".
Quiet and not too far off city. A good value.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel for our wedding. We chose it due to the convenience of the location, and the value for money. We wanted our wedding guests to be able to stay in one place so we could maximise our time spent together. We hadn't told the hotel we were getting married, and were pleasantly surprised to find balloons and rose petals on our bed the night of our wedding.
This hotel is great value, clean and comfortable. It is close to beautiful beaches and about a 15minute walk from town. All of our guests had a great time, and of the 10 rooms we occupied, not a complaint was heard.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple