“Great appetizers and cocktails”
Review of Rojo Rocket - CLOSED

Rojo Rocket
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Parking was a challenge. Margheritas were not cheap ($16) but they were excellent and that is kind of standard cocktail price. Go for the entrees over the mains. MUCH better flavours.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Everytime I go I say the same thing - I'm not going back. The food isn't anything flash, they claim this is authentic mexican food, have any of them been to Mexico before?? I HAVE ... not quite there guys. The first time I went with my family, there were male strippers running through the main part of the restaurant to get to a back room to entertain a Hen's party - inappropriate! Then our 18year old wanted her 18th there, very, very expensive considering we didn't get anything special apart from a small little room reserved for the party and they closed early despite 30 kids wanting to have a fun night. Not recommended.

3  Thank 101Charmaine101
Reviewed January 17, 2013

With such mixed reviews about Rojo Rocket I didn't know what to expect. It definitely has atmosphere but the tables are so packed in you feel like you're sitting on top of each other. This is not the place if youre thinking quiet intimate dinner. The service was quick, fast and efficient and the bar area above the restaurant is fabulous and it's a great place to kick back with friends. Now for the food...the most outstanding thing we ate was the crab rolls, in fact we ordered a second plate! The prawn and avocado dish had some great flavours but as for the chicken wings and various soft tacos (lamb, fish and potato) it was all fresh but bland and VERY small portions. Whilst paying the bill at the counter I asked if I could book a table for Sunday evening and was told I'd have to ring to make a booking??? All in all I'll defiantly go back for more crab rolls, perhaps I'll be dazzled by the food next time?

2  Thank Belgian_Gal
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have passed this restaurant so many times over recent years we thought we’d try it with friends for lunch. It certainly is a popular place with young people in the evening judging by the number of cars parked outside. I suspect you have to be an aficionado of Mexican food – salsa, guacamole, and corn chips. The service was good but the food is very overpriced for the quality and quantity you receive. The choices are limited. Don’t go if you are really hungry, you will be disappointed. The décor is interesting and quirky, good to see once just to say you’ve been but we won’t be hurrying back. It really is a place for trendy youngsters to hang out at night drinking Coronas and lining the stomach with expensive corn chips.

4  Thank PhilthetravellerXI
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family & I went to Rojo Rocket for my birthday and were given the cabana out the front which looked over the pond. Loved that it was our own private table - even though people coming in walked past but we were up higher so it was fine.
Because we had a bigger group we were given the choice to order from the menu or we opted for the set menu which was $45 pp. The tapas that we had included crab rolls, tuna tostadas, chorizo quesadillas, stuffed jalepenos, marinated fish with corn chips & guacamole. Each person got one of each of these, each being amazingly delicious - crab rolls especially. The last to come out was the rice, pulled spiced pork, sauce & tortillas to make your own tacos. They were great!!
Service was a little bit lacking - but I think that we had a new girl which is understandable, she kept forgetting stuff.
Overall was a great night, awesome food, highly recommended. This place would be great on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a few drinks & tapas at the top bar.