Beaufort House
Merivale Motel(Tumut)(Great Value!)
$72
Amaroo Motel(Tumut)(Great Value!)
$81
Best Western Motel Farrington(Tumut)(Great Value!)
$90
Ashton Townhouse Motel & Suites(Tumut)(Great Value!)
$90
The Elms Motor Inn(Tumut)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Tumut Valley Motel(Tumut)(Great Value!)
$67
Tumut Motor Inn(Tumut)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Pool
$97
$57
$86
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Husband and I stayed for 2 nights. Cynthia couldn't do enough for us. The house is charming, rooms are clean and furnished beautifully. The restaurant served reasonably priced absolutely delicious meals. There is so much to do around there you need a week to see just some of the attractions. Loved it!!!!!

Room Tip: Paris room was good. Very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed everything Beaufort House and this region has to offer, and thank you so very much for your positive review and kind words. It will most certainly be our pleasure to see you return for a second visit again in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

had very good sleep in the London room, didn't want to leave the second day. and the owner has tried her very best to make us feel at home. I did like the breakfast, especially the orange and blueberry jam. I actually had the best pizza I have ever had there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience of Beaufort House. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we have passed on your compliments re enjoying your pizza too. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time here and returned home relaxed. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Beaufort House 12&13 April. The house has a wonderful ambiance, the rooms are beautifully furnished and immaculately clean.
There is plenty to see and do in the surrounding area and the countryside is lovely.
Cynthia the host at Beaufort House works hard to make the Beaufort experience an enjoyable one for all her guests. I would not hesitate to recommend Beaufort House to anyone wanting a country getaway. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Your positive and kind words are most appreciated, and it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the experience and atmosphere offered here at Beaufort House. It will be a pleasure to see you return and in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Previously bought 2 x 2 nights accommodation for my wife and parents. Upon arrival the host greeted me with the heaviest most disgusting smokers breath I've ever experienced in my life. After driving 6 hours, she tells me she cannot let us inside because of my 5 month old baby (being under 18). I was made to look for accom elsewhere. She had plenty of empty rooms, the place was empty but because of my 5 mth old, we were kicked out. She did NOT refund my money for the night lost or offer anything to reimburse me with. No customer service or people skills. I then had my parents and us stay in opposite parts of the town (when the whole idea was to have a little family getaway together). The next night when we did check in, I found the mattresses to be absolutely pathetic. Soft and warn out. 10 yrs past their expirey date. The breakfast selection was toast/cereal and coffee - what a joke! Toilets and rooms were poor. What she describes as historic, we describe as old and run down. But then again, do not take my word, just ask the locals at all the pubs and shops and they will give you an honest answer and opinion as to what they think of the host and the Beaufort Hotel. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joseph H
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Mr Habak, we appreciate the time and effort it has taken to post your review, and thank you in advance for giving us the opportunity of reply.

Whilst your frustrations are understood, Beaufort House is strictly an 18+ Adult retreat, which is clearly specified on promotional vouchers purchased and our website. It is our endeavor to ensure the integrity of our establishment, therefore allowances are not made to accommodate families with children under 18 years in the hotel. The hotel has fully licensed guest areas with licensing laws to adhere to, whereas the motel rooms do not.

Mr. Habak, it is unfortunate that you have taken personal offence with Beaufort House being an Adult only retreat. We believe that it is unreasonable to expect the other couples staying in the hotel to make personal allowances, and you were of course fully aware that our premise was occupied with other guests.This was also their time to relax for their getaway, and again please let us remind you that we are a licensed establishment.

As you know, I personally sought alternate accommodation for you in Adelong for your first night's stay as our motel rooms where already booked, this being the only possible solution to your quandary. Unfortunately your suggestion to have the guests (who where already checked in to the motel rooms) moved to the hotel rooms to meet your requirements was not a solution we could entertain. They were of course available the 2nd night of your stay.

Possibly you may have been more comfortable dealing with my husband, Ric, instead of myself in voicing your concerns, therefore allow me to apologise for not having identified this at the time.

Note that the motel rooms that you stayed in on your 2nd night are a separate entity, not part of the heritage building, and I personally ensured that your parents luggage was moved to the motel to assist in a smooth and comfortable transition. Continental breakfast was offered to your family in our restaurant and consumed at no charge. Our response to a refund not being offered is that the voucher was not purchased through Beaufort House, and you are welcome to address your concerns to the company from which it was purchased directly. The additional breakfast supplies from our hotel guest tea/coffee room, decanter of port, and additional toiletry stock etc removed on your departure were sufficient to compensate. They are provisions for guest use throughout their stay, not removed for personal restock of supplies. Thank you again for the opportunity of responding to each of your concerns. Mrs. Cynthia Bierling (Owner)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Beaufort House is an amazing property rich in history with a most friendly host/owner always willing to chat & help in anyway. We stayed over the Easter Weekend in 2013 & had a wonderful relaxing 2x night break in an absolutely beautiful house. The rooms were all very imaculate & detailed, the house was luxurious & the atmosphere was exceptional. I would reccommend Beaufort House to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are evry lovely. We asked to be surprised with a room & the London was fantastic!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so very kindly for your most glowing review. It is just wonderful to have feedback such as yours, and know that everything offered here at Beaufort House, especially the experience, was thoroughly enjoyed. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and sincerely look forward to your return again in the future.