“Beautiful Setting, Great Service, Bad Food.”

Baldachin Dining Lounge
Ranked #13 of 15 Restaurants in Merrickville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

On our day trip to Merrickville, we decided to enjoy lunch in their outdoor courtyard. Very pretty scenery with a fountain. Our server was fantastic. Our food...not so much. My steak came with mushrooms which the server noticed right as she specified to the kitchen, no mushrooms and my steak was done Medium Rare when i ordered Medium Well. The caesar salad side was tiny tiny when the side soup was too large, those items should switch bowls. I value great service and good food and would not eat here again or reccomend for any events.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great location, nice patio, great staff, but time for a new chef.
I ordered Thai chicken salad, but it was more of a caesar with sliced chicken on top. It was loaded with garlic, as were the entrees my companions had. Why do some people think you can dress up mediocre with garlic? Very disappointing - I won't be back. Sad to see great ingredients wasted.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Ordered the wiener snitzle and companion ordered the salmon. The pork was not pounded out, but simply dipped in breading and deep fried. Greasy and tough, not at all what I would have expected having lived in Germany for a number of years. The salmon was overcooked and dry. Vegetables were overcooked. I would not recommend this restaurant to my worst enemy.

1  Thank Ron W
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We pretty much had the place to ourselves Saturday at 5pm. Server was friendly and helpful. Catfish was really greasy and bland but the veggie sandwich and fries were decent. Spinach salad was pretty good but surprisingly small for the price.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've been there 3 times now. The first time I stopped in to have a drink and had a decent time at the small bar. Enjoyed a good beer and especially the company of a waitress named Christina. I went there again on a weekend day and had the same such experience but this time I tried the chili and rice for take out. I had a great time at the bar but when I got home I found the food very bland. Usually I like bland food but this chili was pretty much tasteless. so, not wanting to give up, I returned one more time with 3 relatives. I was very disappointed to find out that the waitress Christina had moved on. We stayed anyway and tried some wine and my friends had caesars. We tried chicken wings, macaroni and cheese, fish and chips, and a sandwich of some sort. Unfortunately I left there sort of embarrassed for having taken my friends there. the food definitely lacked flavor. My friends were joking about the poor quality of the food while trying to be nice. I still want to go back again because I like the look of the place and feel comfortable but the food has to be a bit more flavourful if they hope to get some more return customers. The customer service is excellent though and everyone has been exceptionally polite. They also have an outdoor patio at the back which seems popular during busy warmer days. I think this would be a wonderful hotel to stay at in this quaint little country village, although I haven't seen the rooms. There is usually a small musical entertainment band of some sort on Saturday nights.