“lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“lunch”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visit the village a few times a year and usually stop at the Baldachin for lunch, sometimes later than the usual lunch hour. The service is friendly and not always super quick but then I am there to relax. The food is enjoyable and the deserts are good as well. If I were to complain about anything it would be the service at the bar in the evening. It is unfortunate that the person behind the bar is unfriendly but since many locals seem to frequent the bar they are able to simply ignore him and carry on with the other patrons. Still, I sure would like to see a different bar person. The location is great and it most likely is the reason the place is popular in the evenings. I doubt anyone would show up if it was away from the main drag.

Ottawa
“Decent food, free meal for kids”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We visit Merrickville 2 or 3 times a year and always seem to stop here for lunch. I find the food to be good, both the regular menu and the specials. They give a free children's meal with the purchase of an adult plate, this made the dinner for 4 quite reasonable - $60 with a couple beers for each adult. The location is great, right on the corner of the 2 main streets of Merrickville, that being said, the entrance is not obvious.

I did not experience the poor or rude service others have commented on, and we have been there several times. It does have a tendency to be slow and is rarely busy.

• Visited August 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Lunch at the Baldachin Inn”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at the Baldachin Inn for 2 nights but only had a meal in their Dining Lounge the first day I was there. I ordered the shrimp dish and it was excellent! The only complaints I have are that the service was unfortunately a little slow (50 minutes just to get our meal) and our waiter was somewhat inattentive, but the general atmosphere and the food were both very enjoyable!

Visited August 2013
Canada
“Terrible - stay away”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I made reservations at this restaurant because it was the Merrickville Car Show, last year 1000 people showed up, today the streets were full. A big crowd could have been anticipated. There were 4 people in the reservation but the restaurant wasn't nearly full. The service was awful. It took 35 minutes to get water. The owner was there and argued with a customer who wanted to order a beer and didn't make his mind up quick enough - the owner walked away and said he didn't have time for this. It took over an hour to get our meals and we witnessed 13 people walk out. I will never be back and I live in the area and host often. Big mistake today - it was embarrassing.

6 Thank LegalbeagleCanada
Ottawa, Canada
“Downward slide”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This used to be my favourite place to eat in Merrickville, however the last few visits have been disappointing. Prices went up, plate contents shrunk, and it's the moodiest place (which has a lot to do with the mood of the owner). You never know if the staff is going to be happy or surly til you get there. I ordered the chicken breast and fries. It barely covered half the plate. $14 I think not. Even the fantastic prime rib has shrunk, and the fries which used to be plentiful are almost countable. Then last time we went and sat on the patio. We checked inside first and asked and they said sure, go on back. Halfway through our dinner, there was a wedding rehearsal and naturally we were in the way. "Don't feel rushed", said the lovely waitress. Yeah right. We were almost hand in hand with the bridesmaids. That patio should have been off-limits

1 Thank 64ajf