“Lunch at the Baldachin Inn”

Baldachin Dining Lounge
Ranked #13 of 15 Restaurants in Merrickville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at the Baldachin Inn for 2 nights but only had a meal in their Dining Lounge the first day I was there. I ordered the shrimp dish and it was excellent! The only complaints I have are that the service was unfortunately a little slow (50 minutes just to get our meal) and our waiter was somewhat inattentive, but the general atmosphere and the food were both very enjoyable!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I made reservations at this restaurant because it was the Merrickville Car Show, last year 1000 people showed up, today the streets were full. A big crowd could have been anticipated. There were 4 people in the reservation but the restaurant wasn't nearly full. The service was awful. It took 35 minutes to get water. The owner was there and argued with a customer who wanted to order a beer and didn't make his mind up quick enough - the owner walked away and said he didn't have time for this. It took over an hour to get our meals and we witnessed 13 people walk out. I will never be back and I live in the area and host often. Big mistake today - it was embarrassing.

6  Thank LegalbeagleCanada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This used to be my favourite place to eat in Merrickville, however the last few visits have been disappointing. Prices went up, plate contents shrunk, and it's the moodiest place (which has a lot to do with the mood of the owner). You never know if the staff is going to be happy or surly til you get there. I ordered the chicken breast and fries. It barely covered half the plate. $14 I think not. Even the fantastic prime rib has shrunk, and the fries which used to be plentiful are almost countable. Then last time we went and sat on the patio. We checked inside first and asked and they said sure, go on back. Halfway through our dinner, there was a wedding rehearsal and naturally we were in the way. "Don't feel rushed", said the lovely waitress. Yeah right. We were almost hand in hand with the bridesmaids. That patio should have been off-limits

1  Thank 64ajf
Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a lost opportunity, beautiful large heritage building now populated by tacky decor and surly staff. Wait times and prices are unreasonable, especially given food quality and portion sizes. The folks in the kitchen need to learn to cook or use a dictionary because what we order did not fit standard definitions. Very sad. If you want to have a nice time in beautiful Merrickville, a lovely little town, eat someplace else.

2  Thank Seabound24
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stopped here for a drink on a lazy Sunday . The place wasnt busy .
It took 25 mins for our drinks to arrive after we placed our order . When I questioned the waitress as to why it took so long she quickly retorted " well you know there are other places to get a drink in Merrickville if you dont care for this place" !!!!!
When I confronted the manager about his waitresses surly rude attitude I found out he was just as if not more rude and arrogant and after a heated argument he told me " We were not welcome here, theres the door.
Why he felt he needed to tell me where the door was I have no idea . We had no intention of staying and knew exactly where the door was . We will never return to this place of rude ,surly, ignorant staff and would never recommend this place to anyone. .
Clearly there are in desperate need of some managerial/customer service oriented training .
Guess they never heard the expression "the customer is always right" ???

3  Thank OttawaTwobrits