“Wonderful home and food!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merrickville
Millisle Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Merrickville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We had a wonderful time Millisle Bed and Breakfast in Merrickville. We stayed for 2 nights. It was warm, comfortable decor. Our room was on the 2nd floor with a very large bath. We were very happy with the quality of the room. It was very relaxing.
Debra and Hugh, the hosts, are so kind and hospitable. And Debra is a wonderful chef! The food was amazing! I loved eating breakfast on the porch. I strongly recommend the Millisle.
The town of Merrickville is very nice too...little shops, a spa, a glass blowing shop, lots of little restaurants. We had a great time will definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Millisle Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed at the Millisle for several weeks during the winter of 2011. Hosts Hugh and Deborah were tremendously hospitable, and their home was warm and welcoming reprieve from our daily of work. Eating here is a must! Chef Deborah prepared many delicious meals for us, each one rivaling the other in taste and thoughtful presentation. This is B&B done right.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Simply wonderful!
That would totally sum up my family’s stay at the Millisle Bed and Breakfast in Merrickville.
I have been fortunate enough to stay in some wonderful B&Bs in western and eastern Canada, but this is the first time I have done so in my home province of Ontario….and the experience was amazing.
Debra and Hugh, the hosts, are true professionals and the consummate hosts.
I stayed at the Millisle with my family last week. (3 adult children and an 80 year old father.)
We had four rooms – which were all tastefully decorated to match the historic character of the house.
The breakfast included a choice of egg dishes plus fabulous homemade breakfast breads, jams, and marmalade.
Also, because Debra is a true chef, we made special arrangements to have her prepare dinner for us on the night we arrived.
The menu included an avocado and spinach salad, bruschetta, baked salmon and a truly delicious chocolate truffle cake.
If you are interested in a dinner, you will have to speak with Debra before your visit and she will go through food choices and set out the cost involved.
We were sorry that we had to leave early on the morning to attend an event in nearby Kemptville; the small town of Merrickville, looked like it would be wonderful to explore – and it’s all within a few minutes walk of the Millisle.
Bottom line: if you are in eastern Ontario and are looking for a great place to spend one night…or a few nights, you just can’t beat the Millisle.
Everyone in the family said they will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2011

After a long day on the road, Millisle B & B was a wonderful way to relax and unwind. After arriving late in the evening, the host greeted me out in the rain to carry my bags in. A glass of red wine awaited me once I settled in. My room was fantastic - cozy, clean, lots of Victorian charm and a large bathroom to boot. One of the best sleeps I had in a long time. A gourmet breakfast was served bright and early in the formal dining room - a lovely way to start the day. I can't say enough about how welcoming this B&B was. Service was top notch, food was fabulous and the accommodations absolutely comfortable. My only regret was that I only stayed the 1 night. Highly highly recommended. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This quaint, Victorian house is located on the main highway running through Merrickville. The owners, Debra and Hugh MacLennan are warn and welcoming hosts. Debra is a most accomplished chef, and she serves up a breakfast you won't find at any other B&B or inn...simply delicious and very nutritious. Hugh is a very knowledgeable and engaging host. Together, with their endearing little dog Maggie May, they create an atmosphere of home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mlandmd
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This was my second stay at Millisle and it was another wonderful experience. Hugh and Debra are exceptional hosts and make you feel welcome from the moment they meet you at the door. The house is so beautiful as are the grounds. Our room was spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated and the bed was super comfortable. We wandered through Merrickville, did some shopping and checked out the pub for dinner. Debra and Hugh will also prepare and serve dinner if that is of interest - you just have to make arrangements with them in advance. We didn't dine in this trip, but I had experienced it in the past and it was GREAT!!! We came back to the B&B and had a nightcap on the beautiful deck that surrounds the house. The next morning, Debra fixed a fantastic breakfast that was served to us on the deck. It was a beautiful summer morning and the breakfast was outstanding. After some great conversation with Hugh and Debra we dragged ourselves out into the town for another walk-about and then headed back to the city! A welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of life... will definitely be back !!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2010

In a charming historic village is a welcoming B+B that brings to life a lovely Victorian-era house run by friendly hosts who prepare some of the most delectable breakfasts anywhere. All this would be enough to make Millisle B+B a destination of choice for us. But on our recent stay, my wife and I discovered another delightful feature that puts Millisle into a league of its own: you can arrange a personalized evening meal in the period dining room. Prepared by gourmet chef Debra, and served by affable Hugh, our dinner was outstanding, accompanied by wine selected by our hosts to accompany each dish. We felt like millionaires for the evening - but for only a modest outlay. Although there are restaurants in Merrickville, from our experience this was the best meal to be had for miles around.

There was so much else to enjoy. Our room and the other ones we saw were attractively decorated in period furniture. (The beds are reassuringly modern, however). Everything is impeccably maintained. The lovingly restored veranda overlooking the generous side lawn was a treat to lounge on. Hosts Debra and Hugh are interesting people who seem to take delight in the comfort and happiness of their guests. Thanks to them, a convivial atmosphere reigned during our too-short getaway. And it was a treat to head out from their front door to cross the locks on the Rideau Canal - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - and amble past the delightful old buildings, shops and artists’ studios in Merrickville (“The Jewel of the Rideau”), one of Canada’s prettiest villages.

And all this less than an hour from Ottawa, Canada’s capital! We’re already looking forward to our return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WarsawWanderer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrickville
Kemptville Suites
#1 of 5 in Merrickville
Merrickville Guest Suites
Merrickville Guest Suites
#3 of 5 in Merrickville

Been to Millisle Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!