“Always good food”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Always good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a place we always visit when on holiday in the area. Daily specials, including lovely soups (especially the 'big' soup) and sometimes very tasty smoked fish, among other things. We have enjoyed every dish we've tried, including great big doorstep sandwiches from the regular menu. A pretty and peaceful spot, and a very nice destination for a walk up the valley from Pendower beach.

Visited July 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“MELINSEY MILL”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

On 21 June, we paid our second visit to Melinsey Mill, as we had found it the previous year and said we must go back.

Again My husband and I walked round the mill and mill pond and we had tea and cakes sitting outside by the lovely mill pond. My husband had tea with home-made chocolate cake with clotted cream and I had a mocha coffee with a large slice of coffee and walnut cake with clotted cream which you very scrummy and lovely.

My husband spent some time making notes for the book he is writing, whilst I wrote a poem. A cheeky little chaffinch came by and decided that he was going to share some of my cream and cake, so he kept coming back and taking little pieces off my plate, it was so sweet. My husband managed to get a photograph of him with some of my cream in his beak - was not that lucky of him?

The service was very good and the bill was reasonable and not overpriced.

It is a gem of a place to while away an hour or two in peace and beautiful surroundings..

Visited June 2014
Dorset, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wasps”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The mill is lovely and we have been many times. The coffee has improved but is overpriced. We were plagued by wasps and told to ignore them!

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great cakes”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is our third stop at this Mill. Its a very quirky interesting place to stop for tea or coffe. Has lovely home made cakes and arts and crafts are for sale. Interesting walk round the pond and kids will be fascinated by the workings of the mill (ours were when we brought them)

Visited July 2014
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very unique and interesting water mill”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Came across this old water mill by accident on our way to lunch at Nare's Head. Although we did not stop for coffee and cake, we did take go inside the old building to have a look at the workings of the mill, and for a walk around the pond to discover the interestingly placed chairs and tea pot alley.
Also look out for the 'weather stone'.
There was no charge for this visit although there was a facility to leave a donation. The attraction of the water mill and surroundings is its uniqueness, and you can imagine how it was when operating as a fully working mill .

Visited June 2014