“Family Friendly”
Review of Carbeile Inn

Carbeile Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Torpoint B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Due to a family birthday locally I was advised to use the Carbeile Inn, Torpoint.
My daughter and I booked the day before and was offered a room without any issues agreeing the cost and check in times for our stay.

On our arrival we were greeted with a smile by a member of staff whom took the time to show us around and explain all the details properly which made us feel like we were in good hands.

The family room provided was modern, specious and clean providing all we needed for our stay. I could really see all my family having a longer stay here next time as this is and ideal base to visit family and local beaches.

We only used the restaurant for breakfast (which was fab) but had seen the meals coming out looking really tempting so will certainly be using this next time!

Overall, a perfect family friendly Inn that meets all your needs in a friendly and welcoming way. Can’t wait to be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Popped in wednesday evening for a nice steak,I had chips with mine and the wife had mini jacket spuds with hers.Very nice and plenty on the plate.I was especially impressed with the salad with my steak,mixed leaf lettuce ,red onion and tomatoes with a nice dressing.Will definitely be returning for another full meal soon.Hope the hosts do well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paul b
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just got back from the carbeile ,stayed for 2 nights in a double room which was clean fresh and bright.Can honestly say that the landlady and her staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodated every request we had and I would not hesitate to recommend the inn to anyone travelling to Torpoint .The food is good freshly cooked better than average pub grub ,breakfast fresh and plentiful at a time of your choice to suit.I was happy with the prices I paid to stay eat and drink.location great for hms Raleigh 5 mins away .
Best point.....the customer service.really do go the extra mile.thanks!!!!made our hard trip easier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LaurandRobB
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I am sorry to say I was very disappointed not with the main meal of roast that was beautiful, but the starter and the sweet was very lacking, I had a pâté starter, after I removed the thick top of set butter I tasted the pâté it was tasteless, no flavour at all, the sweet was supposed to be a creme brûlée, what happened to the Lovely rich cream base it was like scrambled eggs and tasted really bland, no finesse when serving and no little biscuit that would have been a nice addition. As I said the gammon was beautiful as was all the veg and lovely rich gravy.
I would have said something but I did not want to upset the person who had organised it as she normally does take time out to pick the area and place to eat.
Also I think your drains need cleaning by the toilets.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Used due to its location for what I needed (Bed, bread and beer).
A perfectly pleasant place to stay.
Simple lunch fare - very good value at £5.00
Similar evening menu - basic pub food - with a specials board
At Austell beers - quite OK
Breakfast worked (low budget full english)
People and service very friendly.
Room clean and presentable, shower a little under pressured but nonetheless working (and typical of the Mira electric showers). Small soaps provided, but no shampoo or showergel.
As the room chilled off at night the heating seemed a little late coming on, but it did eventually make it.
Main gripe (not a complaint) was the rooms were not very well soundproofed, creaking floors, bangs and crashes of doors and draws, other peoples alarms.
Dart board and pool table, lounge area with boards games - family friendly.
Outside decking area looked good.
All in all however it is what it is, an acceptable pub B&B, good value and welcoming

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Simon J, Manager at Carbeile Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the issues you had with the noise, I will look into this and see what steps we can take to reduce the impact on our visitors. It was good to meet you and I hope your son's pub prospers up country! Thanks again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Carbeile Inn, Torpoint.
We received a warm welcome as we arrived to check in, we'd just had a long journey and it was a nice touch by the staff.
The staff are all great, very helpful and attentative to whatever needs we had.
The food was first class, we had the carvery, which was very nice, all nicely prepared and well presented, very reasonable cost too, certainly get value for money. The main menu was plentiful, loads of various dishes, spoilt for choice. Breakfast was excellent, cooked to perfection and a good start to the day.
The bar has a great selection of real ales, by St Austell brewery, which may i add, was the perfect pint. As well as the usual choice of lagers, spirits etc, and before i forget, a Cornish lager, Korev, which was a great taste.
The rooms were comforable, nicely decorated, modern, clean and warm. Large tv, plenty of teas, coffee etc.
We had a view of the sea, which was nice to wake up to on a morning.
I can highly recommend to anyone thinking of staying at this Inn, reasonable cost for the accomodation provided, nice handy location to get to, in a nice part of East Cornwall.
For those parents or loved ones that are looking for accomodation to go to the passing out parades at HMS Raleigh, it is the perfect place, and only a 10 min walk from the base.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carlislekev
Simon J, Manager at Carbeile Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

We are delighted you had such a good stay and thank you for your really positive review. We are particularly glad you enjoyed you enjoyed your welcome which we think is important after a long journey down. We hope to see you again soon for some perfect pints!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed for one night as I was passing through. It’s in a handy location within walking distance of the Torpoint ferry. I had a cracking nights' sleep in the big comfortable double bed. In the morning I treated myself to a 'Mega-breakfast', too. Many thanks team!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard V

Thanks for your review Richard, we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torpoint
Whitsand Bay Hotel
China Fleet Country Club
Travelodge Saltash
Travelodge Saltash
#3 of 4 in Saltash

Been to Carbeile Inn? Share your experiences!