I saw the hotel a couple of years back when walking the south west coastal path. If you like the sea, and wonderful cliffs and rocks and beaches, this is perfect. The setting is wonderful and local walking couldn't be better.
The hotel itself is also full of character. A welcome change from indifferent chains. Service was discreet and good, and customers varied. The rooms could do with facelift and the bed wasn't very comfortable, but the place is lovely. Sleeps better if you can keep the light from the lighthouse out( and watch out for the foghorn!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in a spectacular location at the Lizard in Cornwall. A lovely sandy cove nestles beneath the Hotel, and the Cornish Coast Path runs through the gardens and cliff lands. A place in which to walk, to eat and drink well and to set aside the cares of the world. Unspoilt scenery, outstanding cuisine (AA Rosette and RAC Dining Award) and a healthy lifestyle, we are also home to Britain's most southerly webcam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Housel Bay Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Housel Bay Hotel And Restaurant
- Housel Bay The Lizard
- Housel Bay Hotel & Restaurant Lizard, Cornwall