Parc Brawse Cottage
YHA Lizard Point(Lizard)(Great Value!)
$77
Angel Hotel(Helston)
$106
$109
$106
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
$250
$225
Meudon Hotel(Falmouth)
$178
Trelawne Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
$103
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We booked a DOUBLE room in Parc Brawse House, but what we got was definitely a single room! The bed wasn´t for two persons, it was much too narrow and so it was impossible to sleep there. There was only one chair in the room. We were quite amazed as Ben Charity led us in the room and told us it was for two persons. After three sleepless nights we told the lady who was responsible for the breakfast that we couldn´t stand it any longer. So then we got a real double room. In the remaining days we noticed that our previous "double room" was rented only to a single person.
The service was very good: the breakfast-lady was very friendly and helpful. However, Mrs. Charity, who sometimes appeared in the breakfast-room, didn´t even bother to say "Good morning" to nwe guests.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MunichBavarian
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Clean room. Quite a lot of do's and dont's but maybe that is the way of the world now - when guests dont respect accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2007

We rented the cottage for a week and the location is absolutely superb, especially if you enjoy coastal hiking. The cottage however was a let down. There was very little real care taken to make sure that you enjoyed your stay. The kitchen was basically equipped, the lounge was dull and lifeless and the bedroom was lacking in any style. We did expect better as we paid £400 for the week and there was only 2 of us. I rent out a holiday cottage in Poole, Dorset and I would not dream of only aiming at the standard that we found. If more care was taken it could have been marvelous,a shame really.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Coastalhiker
Reviewed March 3, 2007

My Son and I are walking the coast path, so we wanted to stay in The Lizard. "£20 deposit please". OK thinks I, and sends it with two simple requests. One, we want to send our clothes ahead and have them collected the next day and it was my son's birthday on the morning of our stay, so I asked for them to get a cake with some candles for his breakfast - and I offered to pay before it was even asked. A rapid phone call from them next day saying no, and no. "We are a busy family"
It's a cake! Then a bunch of emails back and forth along the lines of - and I quote "I'm asking for a cake.. Something available from any bakers (Their own web site there is great range of local shops and I happen to know there is a bakers in the Lizard) and put 13 candles in it. You are in a service industry, and sometimes you need to go that extra mile, or in our case 100 yards". The reply..."It may seem to you that we are in the service industry, I can assure you that this is my home first and foremost. People come and stay in my home." and later "a husband who has a very stressful and demanding job as a Police Sergeant, my own two children expecting their Mum around over the Easter Holidays and, as is generally the case, clubs and parties to chauffeur them to.
" and later still "your attitude is aggressive and antagonistic. I have therefore decided that I do not want you in my home and near my children." All I wanted was a cake! We then decided to go elsewhere and finally got a refund of our £20 deposit - not unreasonable a sthey had 11 weeks to resell the room, but that took a lot as well. So we never stayed there - now I understand why they are listed as 4th out 4 B&B's in The Lizard.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank vetoevo
Reviewed December 20, 2006

I stayed at this house for thirteen yrs and loved the people and its stunning location. However, when it was taken over by the present owners the standards dropped. The service was diffident to say the least. They were more interested in using the house as a family home for their own convenience rather than having any consideration towards the paying guests. I now stay at the Caerthillian Hotel where the people who run it are delightful and very welcoming.

5  Thank earnestSurrey