Lizard Lighthouse Heritage Centre
Review Highlights
Southern tip of England

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Lizard Lighthouse. We didn't go inside due to health issues... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ruth H
Taunton, United Kingdom
Historic and very interesting

On a recent month long trip throughout the UK we made a side trip to see the Lizard and spent a... read more

Reviewed December 24, 2018
John G
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

All reviews fog horn trinity house light house guided tour free ice cream sorbet national trust no flip flops interesting visit the cottages car park walked down all ages open to the public gift shop steep steps well worth the visit
Reviewed October 1, 2018

The brilliant early autumn weather obviously helped but I found the display at the Heritage Centre really interesting. There was a useful timeline, lots of information about building and operating lighthouses and some fun hands on things. I may be 62 but I really enjoyed the foghorn simulator. The staff were very engaged and engaging too. Well worth visiting the southern tip of the English mainland.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

The lady on the front desk was extremely rude to us when we asked if it was National trust or not, we have passes so was working out if it was free or if we would need to pay. She was very hostile and angry at us, giving us a lecture over who owned the lighthouse. Given there is a national trust car park next door I don't think it is odd to assume it is National trust owned. Later on I overheard her giving a tour slagging of the National trust, very unprofessional of her,. Her attitude ruined the trip for us I have to say.

I don't know the ins and outs of the relationship between the lighthouse and the National trust but I imagine their car park brings in a lot of visitors.

Another couple when we were leaving said to the lady they had National Trust passes she just replied "That's nice, why are you telling me?"

please train your customer facing staff, if they don't like helping or being polite to tourists then maybe they shouldn't work in a tourist attraction

1  Thank AzzaJP
Lynn P, Owner at Lizard Lighthouse Heritage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring your visit to Lizard lighthouse to our attention.

Trinity House try to maintain the highest of standards to our visitors and take all correspondence of this nature seriously. We have spoken to the operators who run the centre under licence from Trinity House and passed on your comments regarding your experience. We apologise for any confusion regarding the site ownership and relationship with the National Trust.

Trinity House and the operators hope to welcome you back to the centre in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a brilliant and truly informative trip to the Lizard Lighthouse during our recent trip south and Caroline the Lighthouse Keeper was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the workings and upkeep of the building whilst explaining the detail behind the same.
Dom was a brilliant laugh in the shop and certainly knows his ice cream!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

There are wonderful facilities but not open on Saturday, I can't believe the logic of not opening on the busiest day of the week

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We enjoyed the guided tour, even though the fog horn was in full blast!! Our smaller sized group made it more personal.