Lizard Lighthouse Heritage Centre
Review Highlights
Informative, engaging and well presented

A good afternoon out, if the weather is on your side. If not, it could be quite daunting. The site... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
nonameuk80
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Very Nice Ice Cream and views

We visited in Sept while walking around the area. We decided not to go up the lighthouse as it was... read more

Reviewed October 20, 2018
MrsMikeReviews
Ottershaw, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews fog horn trinity house light house guided tour free ice cream sorbet national trust great tour no flip flops interesting visit interactive displays the cottages car park small fee walked down all ages open to the public
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a brilliant and truly informative trip to the Lizard Lighthouse during our recent trip south and Caroline the Lighthouse Keeper was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the workings and upkeep of the building whilst explaining the detail behind the same.
Dom was a brilliant laugh in the shop and certainly knows his ice cream!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

There are wonderful facilities but not open on Saturday, I can't believe the logic of not opening on the busiest day of the week

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We enjoyed the guided tour, even though the fog horn was in full blast!! Our smaller sized group made it more personal.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Amazing lighthouse. Close to the Lizard Point center ,15 min on foot. Beautiful in the evening wainting the sunset and the swich on.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

I visited the attraction this afternoon with my wife and infant daughter,whilst I thought the visitors centre was interesting and fine in itself, we had a nasty experience with one of the rude Trinity House maintenance attendants at the Lighthouse Tower entrance. When I attempted to enter the tower the man who was on his telephone talking to who I could only assume was a friend given his demeanor, promptly put out his hand in a stop gesture and snapped "where do you think you're going?!" when I explained I was going to have a look at the tower he snapped back "not without a tour guide you're not!". Now,I fully accept that this was a misunderstanding on my part as I genuinely didn't realise you couldn't enter the tower without a guide (this wasn't exactly explained to us on entry), but I would at least have appreciated some decent common courtesy and manners from the gentleman in question. He could have just politely explained we were not allowed to enter rather than go into full Monty Python and the Holy Grail Bridgekeeper on us. Needless to say I won't be back. If you are running a tourist attraction with people hundreds of people visiting weekly the very least you could do is ensure the attendants actually learn some basic people skills.

1  Thank theworldwideus
Lynn P, Owner at Lizard Lighthouse Heritage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

This lighthouse is open to the public however Trinity House reserves the right to close this facility at any time and without notice for operational reasons which was the case at the time of your visit.

Due to other structural features, small children are also of particular risk and as such they are only permitted entry if they are at least 1.1 metres in height and capable of climbing up and coming down steep stairs unaided. Children and babies must not be carried under any circumstances.

We apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.