“Too beautiful to put into words”

The Lizard and Kynance Cove
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Lizard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 23, 2012

There is nothing to dislike. We stayed at The Top House at the Lizard and it was a lovely and easy walk along the clifftops to Kynance Cove - just make sure you check the tide times as although Kynance Cove is beautiful all the time you get so much more out of it at low tide which enables people to walk to areas that would normally be under water. Take a picnic and eat on the sand or have lunch at Kynance Cafe which must have one of the most fantastic views of any cafe in the whole world. This time round I visited while Spring flowers were blooming and the whole area becomes almost impossibly beautiful. Take an SLR camera with two lens - one for close ups of flowers, the other for zooming in on the wildlife. I took so many of Kynance Cove - I just can't get enough of it and one extra special one has already been ordered for a huge canvas for our living room now that we have reluctantly returned home to Australia.There are some boarded up houses right near the cafe, probably owned by the National Trust. What a waste of prime property. There is a sign in the window saying they are to be converted into holiday lets but the sign itself looks old so not sure what is happening. But what a fantastic self catering experience that would be if the owners get their fingers out and invest. If I won the lotto I wouldn't look anywhere else other than to offer whatever it took to buy the property and convert to the ideal home and I would come back home to England to stay for good (as long as I could convince my Aussie husband to join me otherwise it would have to be six months here and six months Kynance!). There is also self catering accommodation attached to the cafe and what a fantastic place that would be to stay - especially when everyone has gone home for the day or before they all visit for the day - you would have Kynance Cove for yourself. We wanted to stay there a few years ago but we could only stay for around 4 days and bookings are weekly. Enjoy the experience everyone.

1  Thank Shadow461
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"stunning place"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Incredible scenery, wonderful shops, cafes etc. Great fun for all the family. Just check the high tide times when visiting Kynance Cove and also try and take an all-terrain buggy rather than a stroller if you have a young child as it gets very bumpy at time!

1  Thank Ruffy1981
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The whole Kynance experience is timeless quality. The walks, the veiws and the cafe with its quality food and service is unbeatable.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I took visitors for a walk around the Lizard, starting with coffee in the beach cafe at Kynance. I love seeing the reactions of visitors who have never been here before. On this particular day the weather was perfect - sunny but with a pleasant breeze. We walked along the coast path to the Lizard and had lunch at the cafe looking out to sea. Then we continued on to the Coastwatch station at Bass Point, before heading back up to Lizard village for farm made icecream. Then back across the fields to the car park. My visitors loved it.

1  Thank Eleanor W