“A home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lizard
Hellarcher Farm B&B
Ranked #7 of 12 Lizard B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a warm welcome in front of a roaring fire with a pot of tea and delicious home-made cakes. The beds were warmed for us with electric blankets and interesting hot water bottles. Jenny sorted out our takeaway dinner for us which we ate in front of the fire as we were pretty tired after walking the southwest coast path all day. Breakfast was outstanding; one of the best I've had in a bed and breakfast. There was fruit, yoghurt, home-made bread and scones, a wide range of cereals, cheeses and chutney as well as a cooked breakfast. Jenny was worried that we'd not found anywhere to eat the day before and made us a packed lunch. She felt that we were her 'responsibility' until we reached the next B&B on our coastal path route and urged her to ring us if we had any problems. Our dogs (for those who have them) were also made welcome. We would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hellarcher Farm B&B

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My mother and I hiked 70 miles of the coast in 5 days from St. Ives to Lizard - so arriving here was the VERY end of our trip! We were windblown, exhausted, and famished... And it was the perfect place to land. We weren't keen on getting dressed for dinner and going back out, which Jenny picked up on immediately and offered us some "cheese, bread, and tea," which turned out to be an entire spread including delicious hot homemade soup, cakes, cheeses, several different breads, other snacks, full tea service, etc. as we sat in the cozy living room reading books and watching the BBC. Our beds were nothing glamorous but as comfortable as I've ever slept in in my life. Breakfast was varied and spectacular. Decorated in homemade items and pictures of Jenny's children - it's just like visiting a beloved aunt or grandmother.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbbeyRenee
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I first stayed at Hellarcher Farm four years ago when walking the coastal path. I found it quite by chance, and it turned out to be the best find of my walk in terms of price, homely feel, wonderful hospitality from Jenny Lewis (the tea and home made scones & cakes on arrival, sandwiches the following morning etc. that others have commented on since), comfortable room with sea view and the first class breakfast.

On a vist to Cornwall this year we decided to go to the Lizard and stay at Hellarcher Farm for old times sake, and to satisfy my wife's curiosity, as I had often mentioned it to her (particularly when I ask for 'the full Hellarcher' for breakfast, a term I now use to describe an enormous breakfast but which I never get!)

We weren't disappointed. We stayed in the room I had been given as a single walker - a spacious en suite with a view over towards Kynance Cove - and again received the tea, cakes and scones welcome from the ever hospitable and helpful Jenny. Although it hasn't got the pristine, clinical aspects that some might want, in my view it is the better for it as it is a homely and 'lived-in', which together with Jenny's welcoming touch makes you feel comfortable from the outset. And the breakfast is the best ever - a large table with a good range of fruit, cheeses, yoghurt, delicious local honey, jams, cereals etc, followed by a cooked breakfast from the list. The full Cornish is enormous - I won't list it all, but most of the possible ingredients are there, and in generous quantities. A great place to stay, and a must if you are walking the path, particularly as you might get the next day's lunch thrown in as well!

PS. If any coast path walkers should stay, try and have a read of an account I wrote of my walking experiences, a copy of which is in the lounge (called 'Ups and Downs of a Rooky Rambler'), and in which my experience of Hellarcher Farm is documented. If anybody would like a copy of this sent to them as an attachment to an email - as it's doubtful you will be able to read it all - then contact me through my Trip Advisor profile and I'll try to obilige.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at Hellarcher Farm when walking the South West Coast Path. The place is perfectly situated for walkers, in the little village close to Lizard Point and the path. We found our room very comfortable, clean and spacious, fitted with everything we needed; it was somewhat dated, however, hence our 3 star rating.

Our general impression (including welcome, service, breakfast) of Jenny Wilson's b&b is 4 four star, though. On our arrival, she was not at home, but her personal friends, who were staying there at that time, gave us a very warm welcome and came up to our room with afternoon tea, including homemade delicious scones. The next morning, Jenny made us a delicious breakfast and even gave us lunch packages for the walk. This was a great little extra we had not at all expected!

So, in all, we can certainly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a farmhouse B and B and not a hotel. The house is old and has the characteristics to suite. We found Jenny, who runs the B and B absolutely lovely. On arrival she provided a tray of tea and homemade scones for us in the sitting room. She gave us advice and assistance regarding places to eat, and walking the coast path, whenever asked. The room was pretty basic but clean and spacious and had tea/coffee facilities and a telly. The bath was deep with plenty of hot water. She made fantastic packed lunches for us with home made bread and cakes, and the breakfast was varied, freshly cooked and with good ingredients including her own eggs from chickens and ducks! I was walking for charity and she gave assistance to my sister, who was supporting me along the way, by giving her a lift to meet me. She was not only accomodating but generous and kind, when there was no benefit to her to be so. We had a lovely time at farm, thanks in no small part to Jenny.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jo P
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed here while walking part of the Southwest Coastal Path. The B and B is in a good location. Close to the center of town. Owner was quite nice and accommodating. I had to leave very early the next morning--and she was willing to make my breakfast early. My room (and the bathroom) was acceptable but was dated and smelled "musty". No TV in room, but there is one in the common room. Lots of old, but interesting books in the common room. Acceptable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank IMDigger
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had just completed the first leg of a week's coastal path walking holiday starting at Porthleven and this was the first night in the Lizard. The farmhouse is easy to find and is close to shops and pubs in the village centre. A most welcome gesture upon arrival in late afternoon after a day's walking was to have tea, scones and cake served by Jenny. We were then allocated two bedrooms with the sole use of a separate bathroom. The furniture in the rooms is what you would expect to find in an old farm house - functional but not modern. If you expect matching items and colour cordinated curtains and fabrics, this place may not be for you. My mattress lacked firmness as well although that may be down to my personal preference. Jenny recommended the local fish and chip shop around the corner for a quick evening meal and also let us eat them in the dining room of her home and even warmed the plates - she really does look after her guests. The breakfast in the morning was very good with a mixture of fresh fruit, cereals and cooked items including free range eggs (two) covering a generous portion of bacon. Without asking, Jenny provided us with a packed lunch and this was a real treat when eaten on a beach later in the day. From a walker's perspective, Hellarcher Farm is an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Castle164
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lizard
Housel Bay Hotel & Restaurant
#2 of 7 in St Keverne
Tregaddra Farm B&B
Tregaddra Farm B&B
#4 of 39 in Helston

Been to Hellarcher Farm B&B? Share your experiences!