“Magnificent....!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lizard
Parkdean - Sea Acres Holiday Park
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We have been going to Sea Acres for 15 years. We have travelled all over the world and you would be hard pushed to beat the views. This is not a typical caravan site and this is why the previous reviews are not all complimentary. If you are looking for somewhere with a full entertainment programme for kids and all the usual caravan site facilities for children, then this may not be for you. However, If you are looking for a great base to enjoy fantastic sea views and great walks, then this is the place for you. It is a truly amazing part of England. Many people return year after year, like ourselves to enjoy a peaceful escape from it all. We stayed in the Kennack which was a real home from home. Central heating, Double Glazing, Fitted kitchen. Booked same caravan for next year.

7  Thank chrisletrek

Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights with my fiance , the first week of October. We didn't use any of the facilities, so can only really comment on the caravan itself.
As a couple we are new to caravan holidays, but both of us had been as children so kind of knew what to expect.
We travelled to Sea Acres from Bude where we had stayed for the first part of the week.
The welcome at reception was very good. The 2 staff were extremely helpful, friendly and smiley, which is always nice to see.
We stayed in a cadgwith 3 bedroom 8 berth caravan, with a partial sea view. The location of the caravan was excellent, very close to the amenities (had we used them), but far away not to hear any noise. The partial sea view was beautiful.
The caravan itself wasn't too great. I preferred the one we had at another site earlier in the week. The van was what I would describe as 'surface clean' ie- hoovering done, toilet clean, but it lacked a bit of detailed cleaning. There was a thick layer of dust on the tv and dvd player, there was dust on the towel holder in the bathroom and it was all generally looking a little tired. I appreciate that these vans get a lot of use and there is limited time to clean them.
We took our own bedding including the duvet so didn't have any problems with ill fitting sheets. The bed was a lot smaller than we are used to, but we slept quite well. However, it was quite a squeeze getting down the side of the beds. I wish we'd gone for another 2 bedroom van like earlier in the week. Being a novice I just assumed that the 3 bed would be bigger all around. Comparing the vans its obvious that the extra bedroom space comes from the other rooms. I would not liked to have been in the van with 8 people! This caravan didn't have central heating. I will definately pay the extra upgrade for one with central heating in the future especially if we holiday in october again. The warm air heater was too noisy to be left on for any part of the night and despite the fact that weather wasn't bad or too cold (20 degrees in the daytime with sun) we woke with freezing cold heads :-(
The local area is absolutely beautiful. We visited The Lizard and walked down to Lizard point. There is a wonderful little tea room in the village that has recently opened - The Hidden Lizard. It's behind the old forge. The cream tea was fantastic , although we wished that we'd only ordered 1 between us as we got 2 large scones each. The owners- the blacksmith and his wife, made us very welcome and although we didn't try any of the other food available it all looked very nice. I would definately recommend stopping here.
We also tried the fish and chip shop - Smugglers. They serve locally caught fish and the chips are made from local potatoes. This was also very very good.
We took a drive out to Lands End. Again the sun was shining and the views were spectacular. Although it did cost £4 to park and there isn't really an awful lot to see. I would recommend taking some good walking shoes as there is a nice , but hilly and stoney walk around the cliff edge and up to farm and pottery.
On the whole we had a good few days away. I will probaby visit again, but not for a while as we have been to cornwall quite a few times and feel there are other places to explore.
I would most likely use parkdean holiday parks again, but make a wiser choice of caravan.

5  Thank Raqwella
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Booked this trip within 2 weeks of it starting, unfortunately missed the first 3 days due to a poorly cat but eventually managed to spend 4 days there.

We didnt use any of the bars, pools, restaurants, shops etc so only thing I can comment on is the caravan, we stayed in a Gunwalloe and I would strongly advise anyone to take their own bedding, we were supplied with bedding obviously but the non-fitted sheet was too small for the smaller than standard size double bed, the duvet was too big for the double duvet cover and had to be folded over at each end but worst of all the mattress is covered in plastic which means the sheet just kept slipping over the mattress and made for uncomfortable nights. Also, take a bathmat for the bathroom floor, we didnt have one, not sure if others do but would recommend having one as floor gets very slippy after a shower. Probably wouldnt come here again but not because of my comments, I just prefer to visit different places, would recommend to family and friends though.

1  Thank Scuzzlebutt15
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Excellent service started when making the booking with the customer service team. We'd visited Sea Acres before when the children were younger, but this time decided to go back as they were teenagers and knew it would be a safe place for them to be.
As always, a warm and friendly welcome and our beautiful 3 bedroom caravan had been decorated with pink balloons and banners as it was our daughters 15th on the day we arrived (a very special touch). The caran was clean and well maintianed and the view was beautiful.
Even though this site isn't geared up to entertain teenagers, Peter and Nathan (entertainers) went out of thier way to accomodate our teenagers and they built up a great friendship. Theyoften went off to the games room and swimming pool and we knew they were safe. In the evening we enjoyed bingo followed by dancing, caberet and competitions. The atmosphere was warm and freindly. The bar staff were really part of the team and provided excellent service and for us, to spend an evening along side our teenagers, not having to watch over them really made this holiday.
We spent one evening eating at the onsite restaraunt, great food and servie but do book in advance as it only seats about 40.
The cleaners were friendly, the lady who maintains the gardens was really chatty and the handy man always had a smile.
We've visited Mullion once and would NEVER return, it was discusting - but Sea Acres is a better class, higher quality and the managment run a team that are obviously happy in their work.
Whilst there in the summer, we extended out holiday and booked to return 8 weeks later.
A speacial thanks to Pete and Nathan - well done guys, you're a great asset to a lovely team.

1  Thank Nicholson4
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I dont like caravan holidays usually, as the sites are always noisy at night and I find the vans cold at night even in the summer, but my wife persuaded me to have one this year, so i spent a night or two reading the reviews on tripadvisor of every site by haven, park resorts and parkdean, etc, and this was about the only one with no really bad reviews or comments, so we went for it...
and we found out why.. as we all absolutely loved it here!!

we went for a Poldhu caravan, and it was right at the top of the hill in a seperate field, with a fantastic view over the coast and the golf course in front....the location alone was worth every penny....
the caravan was spotless and everything was in good working order...
we had an lcd tv, dvd player, cd player....

we had full central heating which was handy to leave on low overnight to keep the chill off...
the only negative we could think of about the caravan was a definate lack of storage..
each bedroom only had a tiny wardrobe about 12" wide and a tiny cupboard next to it..
not enough for the belongings of 2 persons..
the bathroom only also had a small narrow shelf above the sink and that was it, no other storage at all in there....

there was pvc decking around the caravan, which was nice to sit on and enjoy a drink or some lunch and take in the spectacular view.. we would have prefered if there were some sort of gate on it as the vans with wooden decking had for dogs, as our 2yr old kept escaping and running off if left to play out on the decking...

the site has plenty for kids to do, a playpark, softplay, bouncy castle...
the pool was nice, but got a bit crowded whenever any of the activities were on, like inflatables, games, etc.
there was a small amusement arcade with a few video games, fruit machines etc...

the venue bar was smallish but never got really overcrowded, the two lads who ran the kids entertainment were great!
Our 2 children looked forward to going down every night and spent the entire hour dancing and playing all the games..
they made an effort to include everyone, and made sure everyone won a small prize for something throughout the week, and even made sure to memorise all their names and call them all by name...

we never used the restaurant, but used the takeaway once or twice.. the chips were almost £2 a go but you get loads.. 2 portions were enough for all of us (4 adults and 2 kids...) so dont buy too many...

the beach down the hill at cannock was outstanding!
we loved the beach and having it on your doorstep was a real bonus.. lovely clean sand, rockpools for kids to explore, fantastic waves, it was only £3.50 to park (or £2 after 3ish) so we found it easier to drive down rather than lug windbreak/chairs etc, and then drag it all along with 2 tired out kids up the hill again...
we tried both cafes at the beach and both did good food at ok prices...
as you go down onto the beach if you go right you will find a smaller beach around the rocks with nobody ever on it..

the only real nagative thing we can say about the site is the poor external lighting..
walking back from the venue after dark you were in pitch black, there were a few lights dotted about but they were all on very dim and were no use.. my mother fell over on her way home one night in the dark...

other than that, we think this was a fantastic site, and have already decided to go back next year..

4  Thank misterbarlow
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I did not have great expectations: I have managed to avoid caravan holidays for the last 30 years but needed a last minute break that the children (10,9 & 5) would enjoy in the vain hope that my husband & I could get a bit of peace with the children entertained. This park delivered everything that the positive reviews stated - & maybe more. The children LOVED this place especially the swimming pool, the soft play area, the arcade & the kids club. We had typical Brit weather & rain first few days but actually, it did not matter & all the indoor stuff on offer was a blessing. We would have had 3 very bored kids if we had been stuck in a tent or cottage with no facilities.

Particular credit to the hard working entertainment guys Pete & Nathan who were absolutely brilliant with our kids: there were tears when we had to leave (our boys, not Pete & Nathan) which tells me just how much it all meant to them.. I note one negative mention from another person about the evening entertainment: if you go expecting Vegas standard then yes, you will be disappointed but if you keep a sense of perspective (this is a caravan park in a quiet bit of Cornwall) & if you have a laugh about it, it is fine & some of the comedians were actually good/funny. I even had a go at bingo & the kids did karaoke which are two things that I would normally steer well clear of but somehow I enjoyed myself. Nathan & Pete are real troupers & if you take notice, you will see that they work from 10.00am til late evening with great energy/ enthusiasm & with fairly limited resources. Anyone that can carry off wildly energetic/complex party dances in an 8 foot tall, furry costume surrounded by screaming kids deserves a medal in my book.. I would highly recommend these two for a job in kids TV, if you are listening CBeebies?!

I was surprised how nice the restaurant was & we had good food (very nice steak) though you have to book early to get a table: the takeway was useful/ efficient & the pizzas very good with mountains of chips (just order one portion between all of you & there is still enough to feed a small army), the Costcutter shop supplied everything that we had forgotten to bring & even stocked Grazia magazine which is worth five stars in itself..

The best asset at this park: the staff. Every single person from the smiling, encyclopedically knowledageable general manager, Ray, through to the bar staff, diving guys, waitresses, cleaners, the lady on reception - all unfailingly polite, intelligent & helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Its a rarity these days but I have to say that the customer service standard at Sea Acres is really very good - another pleasant surprise. We were allowed into our caravan on arrival, hours earlier than the stated time which was great. We had a puppy with us so we were allocated a pet friendly unit (fenced/gated deck ideal for letting the dog stretch his legs whilst you are still in your pyjamas). These pet units tend to be the older caravans but ours was spacious in the living area, clean & well equipped & good layout with a place for everything - even when there are 5 of you sharing.

The beach is good & easy to get to on foot or by car (watch those narrow lanes suitable for Mini drivers only:), the two cafes served local ice cream & local organic pasties/cream teas etc. Good rock pools when tide is out, dark/fine sandy beach.

We visited Cadgwith, a lovely little fishing village (do not try & drive through with a large 4x4 like we did, park in the big car park & walk down to the village): we had a v. nice meal of fresh Cadgwith fish in The Old Cellars. On the last day, we visited Kynance Cove & only wish I had discovered this earlier in the holiday as it was fantastic - the most amazing beach though challenging to get down to/walk up from if you are unfit. But worth the walk: this beach is run by the National Trust: very good cafe/food. We turned up in walking boots, sweatshirts & jeans as it was windy at the park but this beach is in a sheltered cove & it was as hot as any beach in the Med so we felt totally overdressed/hot compared with all the beautiful people in bikinis getting fab tans! So we bought t shirts/wet suits in the shop & rolled up our jeans but what a place.. I saw a very famous author/writer there enjoying a cream tea. A classy & interesting place for beach lovers & walkers/nature lovers alike: stunning clear turquoise sea/perfect sand plus rock pools & caves at low tide but the beach disappears fast as the tide comes in & everyone decamps to the cafe - check your tide times or you might get stranded on the rocks!

We also walked (by accident) into Poltesco just up the road from the park, reached via the lane or the coast path behind the pitch & putt course (coast path is great for views & wildlife). Poltesco v nice, filled with butterflies, flowers, tumbling streams & pretty cottages. We went to the Lizard & had very good fish & chips (local) at Smugglers & a very good meal at The Top House (another good local steak). Went to Lands End & only bothered with the Dr Who exhibit for the kids: found it a bit 'commercial' & disjointed/irrelevant to the area but the scenary is great & you kind of have to go to say you have been to Lands End.. Did the seal sanctuary, nice staff again but felt a bit expsenisve for what you got: the kids liked the Pirate Ship play area best which was not really the idea. I went years ago & there were far more seals & sad/happy seal stories & more empahsis on their rescue work: whereas now it is trying to be an 'attraction' & it does not quite work/entertain enough & it is quite spread out though Gweek is nice & the tidal river is quite impressive. If you desperately need a big shop/supermarket, there is a new Sainsburys in Helston for the retail deprived though controversial with the locals - good for filling your caravan cupboards though & 24 hour petrol station. We also went to Porthleven as husband lived there years ago: the beach was pebble but big. Interesting double harbour & the kids enjoyed messing with crab lines & went on a fishing trip where they caught mackerel & codling.

All in all, a really nice break in a very good location & the park itself better than I expected, clean, quiet & tidy. Great base for the kids.. Changed my views of caravan parks & really liked this bit of Cornwall which I had forgotten about.

3  Thank Churches1
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Stayed sea acres for 4 nigths in a 3 bed caravan with husband and my parents and 2 children but only ended up staying for two.
We were placed right by the park which was ideal for the children but soon found that footballs etc being whacked against the caravan every so often got slightly annoying.
The beach was nice but couldnt stay for long as there was a awful sewage smell so ruined it.
Entertainment room was small and the childrens entertainment was well awfull to be honest just felt really put on and not genuine. Small games/arcade room. Swimming pool plain and simple ok for adults who just wanna swim quietly. But on the other hand caravan was clean and very nice inside but we werent given enough bedding so had to get more. Over all its a nice caravan park but we just found it boring and i dont know just cant really put my finger on it just what it was.

1  Thank lucy902
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lizard
Polurrian Bay Hotel
#3 of 7 in Lizard
Glampotel Lizard Point
Glampotel Lizard Point
#5 of 7 in Lizard

Been to Parkdean - Sea Acres Holiday Park? Share your experiences!