“Perfect stay! Can't wait to return!”
Review of Penmenner House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lizard
Penmenner House
Ranked #4 of 12 Lizard B&B and Inns
Xiamen, China
“Perfect stay! Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed for three nights during Easter Weekend and it has turned our to be an excellent choice! Rooms are great and very clean. We all love to sit by the fireplace at night chatting, although there is no fire during our stay, we enjoyed it so much! Sheila has been so helpful and give us a lot of helps because we had a little car accident prior to our arrival. I would like to say "thank you, Sheila" for everything you had done for us. The location is also excellent, short walk to the sea and to the bars in the village. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hunterzhuang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful weekend at Penmenner House.
The room was decorated and equipped to a very high standard with fantastic sea views and certainly not your average B&B.
The owner, Sheila was both knowledgeable and helpful, recommending places to visit & eat.
Breakfast was fantastic, with many options and plentiful which set us up for a good days walking & sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank casaloca
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stayed here for a couple of nights in September. The room was very comfortable with fantastic views of the sea. It is ideally located for the coastal walks, and it is only a short walk into the village itself. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were excellent and plentiful which set us up for the day. Thankyou for a lovely stay. We would certainly return here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Snowy47
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed there in 2009 for a few nights in the smallest room which is really small (I believe it was the Sunset room). Bed wasn't too comfortable and cleaniness in the bathroom was a little issue. The room is small and the furniture not very high quality.

Breakfast was ok apart from the fact that at the first morning there were cereals and fruit standing on a table for self service (as long as we waited for the cooked breakfast). When my girlfriend and another guest took some of the fruit the host lady came in and rudly told them that the fruits were only for the "healthy option". Also, we didn't like that the host only walked barefoot during the house (at least when we arrived).
Location is certainly nice, but I assume there are nicer ones :-).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaraFan
penmennerhouse, Owner at Penmenner House, responded to this review, September 18, 2010
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.

We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, and if any problems had been brought to my attention at the time they would have been rectified immediately, It is hard to comment one year after your stay!!
My sunset room is my smallest room (and priced accordingly) but is of ample size.
The bed (only 2 months old in October 2009) is a top of the range silent night bed, The furniture is pine and of good quality.
We are constantly complimented on the quality, quantity and variety of our breakfasts, as you will remember you will have been offered a cooked full English breakfast (meat or vegetarian), scrambled eggs with smoked salmon or fresh fruit salad, organic yoghurt with a platter of cheese - there sometimes is a short wait for a cooked breakfast as it is cooked freshly.
As to me not wearing shoes, this is a personal choice in my own home!!!

Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, however the vast majority of feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive, and I am sure that had any problems been brought to our attention at the time they would have been resolved.
London
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to stay on a May bank-holiday weekend. We booked quite last minute, and there seemed to be a fair amount of choice in the Lizard area, but we plumped for Penmenner because the lady seemed so lovely on the phone.

Our room was magnificent - views of the ocean on two sides, lovely bed, sofa - really a suite of rooms. Very light and airy, with a great bathroom. A bargain.

We were minutes away from the coastal path in one direction, and the village in the other. The pub the Witches Ball comes highly recommended - they were packed both nights, but still kept the kitchen open to feed us with freshly caught fish. There are lovely walks in both directions along the coast. The beach (Kynance Cove) on the western side of the peninsular was shut when we were there due to erosion, but that may have been sorted out soon hopefully.

Our breakfast at the hotel was lovely - we were very well taken care of. We could not believe that we were the only people who happened to be staying there on this bank holiday weekend - but we will be coming back with 8 friends to take up the whole place sometime soon! We had a look round all the rooms, and all looked lovely. There is also a huge and tasteful lounge downstairs, ideal for socialising with a larger group or family.

Very, very highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jdjukebox
eastbourne
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My wife and I Try to get down to Penmenner House every year. We found this place by chance when carrying out my mothers wishes to have her ashes scattered in her beloved cornwall. Sheila who owns and runs the house,always welcomes you as part of her family and has a heart of gold . The rooms are extremly comfortable and clean and the breakfast are unbelievable.
If you only go to cornwall once, you would be making a big mistake if you did not venture to this area . Helston the nearest town is only 10 miles away.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank freetrader12
London
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I stayed at Penmenner House with my husband and baby. I would thoroughly recommend it to all. The house is tastefully decorated, the rooms spacious and comfortable, the breakfast delicious and the location perfect! The most southerly guest house in England with sea views, a garden and in winter, a lovely warm fire! The house is 15 minutes walk from Lizard Point and the sea. We cannot wait to return, particularly in the summer, and explore more of the Lizard and Cornwall. We look forward to the warmth and hospitality of the wonderful Sheila, the proprietor :-)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank meladaLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lizard
Housel Bay Hotel & Restaurant
#3 of 12 in Lizard
Cadgwith Cove Inn
Cadgwith Cove Inn
#1 of 2 in Cadgwith

Been to Penmenner House? Share your experiences!