“Sunday lunch”

The Point at Polzeath
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in St Minver
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Excellent views looking out over Polzeath and Pentire Point. Outdoor seating and dining available, Varied menu using local produce including plenty of fresh fish on the daily specials board. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, as well as kids menu available. Friendly and welcoming staff with great knowledge of the local area. Please call us to make a reservation or for any other enquiries.
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Great lunch with my girlfriend, its my 4th visit this year. Always well catered for by the staff. Perfect hospitality always with a smile. Roasts are always perfect, potatoes excellent. Will keep coming back as its on my doorstep and the best by far around Polzeath x

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just had a great weekend staying in one of the houses in the valley. The club house looked after us so well, the food was fantastic and staff were excellent

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This review won't make much sense if Tripadvisor actually update the name, but as I write it is listed as Roserrow but is now called the Point. If you ever went to Roserrow it was a tired old mostly empty and uninspiring place to eat with a hit and miss menu and not much to tempt you back, Since being taken over (I think a year or more ago now) it is lovely & not to be missed. Friendly, helpful staff, events, good food, good offers on food (for the area, which is pricey) for example on Saturdays they do a £27 for a steak meal for two with a bottle of wine also a great Sunday Roast. Fair play to the new owners, they have given it a new lease of life and it is really nice to have somewhere to go that is child friendly, doesn't cost the earth and has some atmosphere.

1  Thank Cornwallchick79
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our group of six ate at The Point three times during our fortnights stay in a house on the site during our holiday. We tried a good range of the dishes on the menu and the food was reliably good on each occasion. Definitely worth booking in for the Fizz & chips evening and we enjoyed several fish dishes and many of the specials on offer.
Service was efficient and friendly, the staff seemed happy and nothing was too much trouble. Ask for a table by the window to enjoy the best views across the course down to Polzeath whilst feasting.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have never been onto tripadvisor but I felt I had to after popping into this place. First thoughts were it is a golf club - will we get the 'members stare' that we have received in such places before - answer - NO!
The friendliest golf club I have ever had the pleasure to visit. Staff welcoming and friendly, and seem to enjoy a bit of banter with the locals/golfers. We dined both Friday evening and returned for Sunday lunch - 10/10
Tear yourself away from the beachfront of Polzeath and pop up the hill to The Point - you can get anything from a toasted sandwich to scallops, burger to local steaks - everything we had was superb. The Sunday roast - I had the Lamb, which I was told was the same supplier they use for all meats - a local family butcher in Wadebridge. Outstanding and cooked to perfection.
The staff were great, they match the feel of this relaxed, yet a step above the rest restaurant. Don't change a thing and we will return. My only quibble is the 2 members moaning about the price of a sandwich - come along, look at the restaurant and what an amazing place you are in and pay the £5!

sarah b, Manager at The Point at Polzeath, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you so very much for this fab review. We Pride ourselves being a bit different from the rest of the eateries in the area and we like to think we can cater for everyone!
I am also extremely happy that you didn't get the 'members stare', our members are very supportive and welcome anyone into the club house and restaurant.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Many Thanks