“Not the same as last time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Minver
Parkdean - St Minver Holiday Park
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here in 2006 and came back this year, went for a Willow caravan new for 2013. The caravan was ok but wouldn't say it was top end spec and its location on the park was disappointing to were we stayed last time. Bit disappointed for the amount we paid. It seems the park is trying to move more to lodges in the grass areas than the caravans as we were up a road surround by gravel covered by trees, not much of an outlook plus no where to really sit out to enjoy the sun later at night. Swimming pool was nice and staff in there were polite. Didn't use the entertainment or restaurant so cannot comment on this. We did use the takeaway service first night and there were items missing and not very good really. Its was fine for a base to explore Cornwall which we did but don't think we stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DBaker88
There are newer reviews for Parkdean - St Minver Holiday Park

Reviewed June 3, 2013

we stayed in one of the cheaper option chalets orchard rise number 12 and for my disabled mother this was by far the better option. It is next door to all the facilities and she could walk over to the restaurant and its next door to the kids play park. After reading some of the reviews on the chalets i was very worried, but it was for nothing. Lovely big bathroom with a proper bath, living room with nice sofas and a dinning table. The single beds were nice sizes and you could walk round. With someone walking with a stick and a five year old. was a much better option as they weren't getting in each others way. It was chilly at night but for the time of year the heating in the bedrooms was adequate. Not sure what it would be like if it was colder. The chalet was immaculate as every parkdean place i've stayed in always is. I had no complaints we the food i thought it was reasonable. They have offers every night and now have deals on 2 for £10.00. I thought all the staff were great and happy to help. Can't comment on the entertainment as i don't use it. The crane machine with the dogs in, cost me a fortune though lol i eventually won one !

its a good base for that side of cornwall and we had lots of days out. Lappa Valley railway is a great day out for taking a picnic and spending all day, and is reasonable for what you get. Rock beach is lovely, but parking was a nightmare. For rainy days Harlequinns in bude is a great place.

Room Tip: the chalets are cheap and cheerful, but for how long your in them, good value.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had never been on a caravan holiday before so this was a bit of pot luck. We booked off the Park Dean web page for a one week holiday in a luxury caravan.

The caravan
We arrived and checked in with their courteous staff, we were allocated caravan 25. When we walked into it we were pleased how clean it was. It was a little "compact" in the sleeping area but hey it was only a weeks holiday. We were glad of the heating as it did get a bit chilly in the evening and morning. We were disappointed that there was no decked area with it and no BBQ, but I guess a little more research would have told us that.

The site.
The whole site is set in lovely grounds, the caravans are not all over each other and there is lots of space for the kids to play. All very well kept clean and tidy.the swimming pool is excellent, very clean and the lifeguards are polite and attentive, couldn't work out why it is closed between 12-3pm. The on site shop is well stocked and reasonably priced, again the staff are very attentive.

Clubhouse
The clubhouse is a converted old manor type house, with bar restaraunt and entertainment. The food is very good and reasonably priced, 4 mains four drinks for less than £30. Drinks are good. The kids entertainment was excellent and cheesy, the entertainer worked hard and the kids loved it.

Location

We were really pleased with this as a base, great beaches locally with Rock being a very nice please to eat and socialise. 25 mins to Newquay and close to padstow etc

Overall a really good holiday, would like to have had a bigger caravan but other than that strongly recommend this venue. Was a bit worried when i read previous comments about a "chavvy element", but i did not see any of that. All of the staff were incredibly attentive and friendly and I would have no hesitation in recommending this site.

1  Thank Firetri
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my third stay at St Minver, in May 2013. this time booked on a Sun weekend, although my two previous trips have been booked direct with Parkdean. We had caravan 39 Church View. The trip was for me, my five year old daughter and my 66 year old mum. Seeing as she walks with a stick, I emailed Parkdean the day before and asked if we could have a caravan near the Entertainment Centre. They called me and offered me an upgrade for £76 or a location fee of £20. I am glad that I paid the extra £20, as our initial caravan was right near the entrance which was quite a way away from the Entertainment.

I have previously stayed in a chalet as they are cheaper than the caravans. With this being booked through The Sun, we were given a caravan. it was privately owned, although it didn't have any extra touches. It was two bedroom with a shower room and ensuite toilet.

We arrived at 1pm and were able to use the facilities and had a drink while my daughter ran around the park. I went to reception at 2.40pm and our caravan was ready. This was brilliant as official checkin time was 4pm. This meant that we had time to unpack and then go swimming. You can use the facilities on your first and last day, which is not an option at some parks. It means that you really do get the most out of your short break.

The swimming pool is very clean and tidy, and we could stay in as long as we liked as it was quiet. We have never been asked to leave after 45 minutes. The pool is open from 9am to 5.45 pm, although it does close from 1-3pm every day. There is a small childs pool and also a sauna. There are places to sit around the pool if you wish to spectate and not go in.

The park is lovely, loads of things for children to do and it is right outside the chalets so great if you are staying there.

We ate there one night and the meal was adequate but nothing special. It was tasty and hot though so what more can you ask for.

The entertainment was brilliant. My daughter loves Sid and Lizzie and that is the main reason that I always stay in Parkdean sites. The entertainment starts at 6.30pm with music for the children, then Sid and Lizzie or just one of them, come out at 7 or 7.15pm. They then do games or fun with the children until around 8.15pm, then its bingo, then its entertainment.

The Parkdean Troupers were Cat, Kerri and Andy Pandy Saucepan Head. This made my daughter laugh. Kerri was there in October when we stayed and she remembered us and came and had a chat, which was lovely. They put on some great entertainment one night to a very small crowd as it was out of the main season, but they still put their all into it.

They were all brilliant with the children, talking to them, dancing with them and playing games and handing out prizes. My daughter was given a goody bag one night and a bubble wand another night. She was thrilled.

I won Full House on the bingo one night and won £40. The bingo isn't cheap at £13 to play all three games, but it is a bit of fun. We didnt play every night due to the cost though.

There is a shop onsite selling a lot of Sid and Lizzie items. After three stays here and two at Sandford, I think my daughter now owns every single Sid and Lizzie branded item.....

Every time I stay with Parkdean I get a £25 voucher on my return and I have already booked a break in August. It is £442 for four nights in a chalet, which isn't cheap, but it is a special treat for my daughter. I also intend to go back in October half term. Last year it was brilliant with lots of fun and games for the children on Halloween.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having read the mixed reviews after booking our sun holiday I was anxious upon arrival. I neednt have been. Superb spacious clean 3 bed caravan, 32" widescreen tv, dryer for towels and well equipped kitchen. Swimming pool on site excellent with 2 lifeguards on duty, very clean and didn't get too busy when we were there. Our son enjoyed the nature trail on site. Nice playground. Wouldn't recommend the food, expensive and not very good. But that's our only negative for the whole park. We went to crealy cornwall which was outstanding - by far the best childrens adventure park yet, loads to do for variety of ages, very clean, great access for pushchairs and all the animals had plenty of space and clean enclosures! Would definately recommend this park!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank bluebellmadonna
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was our second trip to Parkdean St Minver and we can not recommend it more highly. We stayed in a lodge this time and it was beyond our expectations. Clean, uncluttered, and so much more luxurious than a caravan or a bungalow. Our party consisted of my parents, sister, my husband, baby daughter and myself and not once did we feel 'on top of each other'. To be honest, I did wonder if the photos on the website were true, but yes, we were more than pleasantly surprised and I would certainly recommend it to anyone who wants a family holiday. The on site pub is slightly chavvy and has too many gaming machines but go up to the pub at St Minver village (go through the hole in the brick wall behind the pub and head up the hill) to meet the locals or stay down the lodge end and you'll have one of the best holidays ever.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank KoruPhotography
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have stayed here once before on a Sun break ( we have done more than 60+ now )and so we were looking forward to our second visit hope it would match up? It did by Big margin ! We were allocated one of the spacious 2 double bed chalets near the clubhouse which have been refreshed since our last visit , loads of space , quiet and relaxing and south facing ideal. This site is ideally located , close to the SW coastal path for walkers , the Camel Trail for the cyclists , Polzy for the surfers and the village pub for the drinkers we had a Fab time doing the lot and need a holiday to get over it ! All in all other brilliant short break and we will be back again ;-) If you have any Q's give me a message

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro
Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Trelawne Manor Holiday Park

Been to Parkdean - St Minver Holiday Park? Share your experiences!