“Palm Cottage for my two daughters and I is our...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Palm Cottage

Cosy sitting area of Reception room with open fireplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Cosy sitting area of Reception room with open fireplace
Dining area of spacious Reception room with window seat and inglenook
From dining area tiled hallway and stable door leading to patio and garden
Well-equipped breakfast kitchen
Elegant double bedroom
Double bedroom with window seat overlooking front garden
Landing with OS Map of Lizard Peninsula; twin- bedrooms off to left and up three steps to right
Beatrix Potter twin-bedded room - beloved by children
Charming twin-bedded room overlooking garden
Path from patio to well-established garden
Spacious and safe garden for children to play
Rear of double garage and barbecue awaits.........
.............for al fresco dining!
Path from rear drive between hydrangeas and lavender
Spectacular sunset from rear garden; hopefully sunny day tomorrow!
How can you resist a holiday at exquisite Palm Cottage!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
epiercey2...
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Palm Cottage for my two daughters and I is our 'go to' place whenever we have a holiday”
Reviewed August 9, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My love affair with Cornwall began in my childhood when my Parents would take my siblings and I every summer for our holidays. So it was very natural to want to give my own children the same experiences and to build happy memories. I came upon this superb cottage by chance and ever since it is the only place I will go to when I book a holiday. It is absolutely beautiful, every nook and cranny is taken up with some pretty ornament, attractive lampshades, and it is extremely comfortable and spacious. As soon as I step through the front door I can't help but feel both exhilarated and relaxed at the same time. When we return in the evenings from our days out at the beach it is pure bliss to relax in this gorgeous 'home.'
Words cannot do justice to this very sophisticated, clean, and well looked after cottage. If like me you love The Lizard Penisula, an area of outstanding beauty and you are looking for somewhere to stay that is fabulous, then this is the place for you. And the bonus is you can always go back for another holiday, as in my experience the owners appear to spend alot of their own free time there, ( as read in the visitors book ) and clearly have invested alot of time and effort into maintaining this cottage to a very high standard.

Your age range 50-64
Aug 13, 2017
Dear Mrs Piercey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and eloquent review about your recent week in Palm Cottage.
You seem to adore the cottage and the peninsula as much as my wife and I so now we understand why you have previously taken so many holidays there and long may this continue!
Thank you once again for your kind and most generous comments.
bedsman20...
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Lovely homely Cornish cottage”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Had a fabulous 2 weeks at Palm cottage. Lovely quirky cottage that is very well equipped and very clean! We enjoyed sitting in the pretty garden in the evenings, and eating at the Prince of Wales pub just across the road from the cottage. Micheal, the owner, contacted us via e-mail with everything we needed to know about keys, the private parking, facilities etc. Any queries we had were dealt with quickly and easily. Spent a lovely afternoon at Minack open air theatre and watched a moving performance of 'Birdsong' by Sebastian Faulkes. We hadn't been to Cornwall for 28years and we were so please to see that not too much has changed. Poldhu Cove, Cadgwith, Church Cove, Helford estuary are all essential places to visit. Coverack is wonderful with a lovely sandy beach at low tide and good water based activities, cafes and a small working harbour. While we were there the dreadful storm devastated Coverack but everyone rallied round and although it will take time I am sure it will recover. Thank you again for such a lovely place to stay.

Jul 31, 2017
Thank you very much for your kind comments about Palm Cottage following your recent holiday there.
My wife and I are delighted that you had such an enjoyable time and that you were able to visit so many places. We never tire of the beautiful walk along Frenchman's Creek into Helford.
Similarly we always make a trip to the Minack Open Air Theatre whatever the performance since the setting is so unique and spectacular.
Tourist79...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 17, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I'm afraid to say I will second what other reviews have said and state that this cottage is so much better than the pictures convey- its characterful, quaint and had everything we needed as a family of four. The garden is a bonus as is the country pub across the road - what a pleasure to return to this place after a hard day exploring! Places to visit praa sands beach ( great for families), st michaels mount, porthleven, church cove, coverack is nice for a quick explore, falmouth , poldhu cove and kynance cove the list goes on! The cottage is perfectly placed to feel total escapism but close enough to amenities , what a wonderful week thanks so much to the owners for letting us stay!

Apr 21, 2017
Thank you for your most kind and helpful comments about your recent holiday at Palm Cottage.
I agree with you and other visitors that the images of the interior of the cottage are far less impressive than the reality but indeed I consider one could say the same about St Michael's Mount, which must be one of the most photographed places in the UK, and Kynance Cove for example, each of which are quite spectacular in real life but which is not conveyed via a flat picture.
Pleased that the weather was kind enough for you to enjoy the garden although I wonder if you used the barbecue?
The Prince of Wales pub over the road has managed to keep itself as a place for the locals to have a pint as well as serving good food at a reasonable price.
Lara G
“Truly a home from home.”
Reviewed February 23, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This is such a lovely homely cottage. The photos do not do it justice. The cottage was extremely clean with fresh bed linen on. On arrival, there was welcome tea and coffee with biscuits with kettle full and boiled. Heaters on and wood and coal for the fire. From the first day, it really felt like we had walked into our own home and we all felt comfortable straight away. There was 6 of us, myself, my husband and 4 children, age 10, 9, 6 and 6. We also took our little Jack russell and found the cottage really spacious for us all. There was wifi which was really good as all kids had gadgets and were all able to connect up at the same time without any problems. Having a real open fire in the evenings while playing board games or watching TV was really cosy and was lovely to have us all together as a family.

Your age range 35-49
Feb 24, 2017
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent week at Palm Cottage. Like all our guests during the chillier months of the year, I'm pleased that you found yourselves cosy and comfortable largely due to the open fire, a most popular feature even during cool summer evenings!
Richard W
“Fabulous homely cottage in outstanding area”
Reviewed January 9, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We spent a week at Palm Cottage over New Year with our three young children: 7,5 and 4 year olds. Being familiar with the area we knew what to expect. The cottage however was beautiful and became a wonderful base and "home" for our stay. The children loved the Beatrix Potter bedroom and we were able to explore the wonderful beaches and coastal walks from the village. We will definitely return to this part of Cornwall and can't recommend Palm Cottage more highly. It was a real treat and provided the relaxing break that we were looking for. Thank you Mike.

Jan 10, 2017
Thank you very much for your kind remarks about your recent week at Palm Cottage. The Beatrix Potter bedroom is indeed very popular with children of all ages.
Am pleased that the weather was kind enabling you to explore some of the many beaches nearby, Kynance is especially popular with our guests, and also to walk part of the coastal footpath. I wonder if you managed the three miles circular walk from Kestle Barton, brown signposted from the village, down Frenchman's Creek to Helford, a particular favourite with ourselves and family.
You will be very welcome to take a further holiday at Palm Cottage.
cerian201...
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday cottage”
Reviewed August 30, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Absolutely loved our stay at Palm Cottage so much that we will definitely be returning next year. Drawn in by the charming pictures of this homely Cornish cottage ,we arrived expecting to be pleasantly surprised. As with all the reviews I read before arriving, I can confirm that the photos do not do this place justice. The rooms are bigger, and the attention to detail makes this place really feel like a home away from home, plus the decor leaves you in no doubt that you are in Cornwall, with gorgeous Cornish pottery and paintings of local places. The children's room is charming, from the Beatrix Potter pictures on the walls, the books and teddy bears in the cupboard and the adorable window seats, which my boys fell in love with. The little details such as the excellently equipped kitchen, the tea and biscuits on arrival, the flowers from the garden in various vases about the place. The location is well placed with no more than half an hour to a selection of awesome beaches such as Church Cove, excellent bakers in St Keverne and fab food at The Prince of Wales opposite. The owner was really helpful and quick to respond to our enquiries and there was a pack with local places of interest there on our arrival - which on looking through had vouchers for money off at places such as The Edwn Project and Helston Seal Sanctuary.
I would definitely recommend this places as an ideal spot to relax, recharge and make the most of the local area.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 1, 2016
Thank you so much for your generous and extensive comments following your recent stay at Palm Cottage.
My wife and I are pleased that you had an enjoyable week and that you found the cottage such a delight. We must endeavour to improve on the photos, however!
We love Cornwall, especially the Lizard peninsula, and our cottage which is to us our second home rather than simply a holiday-let and it is our pleasure to share it with other like-minded people as yourself.
paulsumme...
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful property in a lovely part of the country”
Reviewed August 2, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

What a fab property this is. The site photos do not do it justice. The cottage is spacious,very comfortable, well equipped, decorated/lit tastefully and very homely. Palm Cottage is ideally located enabling us to do our favourite walks around the Lizard and Roseland peninsula's. The pub across the road is very nice with an amazing garden. The food/service was great and is definitely worth a visit. The owner (Mike) was very responsive to any requests. We would love to return if in the area again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How homely the property is
Liked least: Parking in the driveway was tight but passable
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 5, 2016
Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent stay at Palm Cottage whilst visiting old haunts.
The whole of the South-West Coastal footpath is most beautiful, but particularly we consider that part around the Lizard Peninsula and I wonder if you managed to walk down nearby Frenchmen's Creek, our personal favourite?
Almost a year ago we employed a semi-professional photographer to replace the images of the cottage that I had taken and whilst they are vastly superior I still feel that the reality is far better. I'd prefer it to be like that however rather than the alternative, like those of so many estate agents!
Pleased that you enjoyed the Prince of Wales pub, a grade-2 listed building by the way, which is not only so convenient but hospitable and good value.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing