“What a warm welcome!”

Star Inn
Star Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 St Erth B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lisa & Mike offer a super bed and breakfast venue. They are warm and welcoming. The room was spotless and the bed really comfortable. We stayed over the bank holiday weekend, and had a great time. The food was delicious. There was a live band on Friday, and a pub quiz on the Sunday. The locals are great too.Breakfasts were huge, and the evening meals were amazng. Very reasonabley priced too - and such good variety.

Room Tip: Small and friendly. Only 2 rooms. Both en- suite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I took my two daughters and son in law to the Star Inn for lunch today (Saturday) We took my grand-daughter (7 weeks old ) too. The pub was clean, fresh, well stocked and a friendly welcome was extended to us. The menu was supplemented with a specials board which was well chosen and while not extensive was still varied. Our meals were sensibly priced and when they came they were worth every penny. We were all impressed, and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited the star on good Friday,we were doing the ale trail, the star is on it. Had a pint of local ale, nice, service excellent, homemade pasty 10/10! Apparently I have to use 200 characters so please ignore this sentence.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank kernowlobster
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Lovely food and excellent real ale.. My sirloin was cooked to perfection and the cask ales was fresh and crisp. The landlord,landlady, bar staff couldn't do enough for me and I will defiantly return to this pub again. I hope it works out for your new adventure:)

Electrical guy...

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Machynlleth ab
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Popped in on a Saturday afternoon on the way home from st Ives and the food was exceptional. The service was excellent and the owners were really friendly and welcoming . Will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey R
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We are frequent visitors to the Star and have had many a lovely evening dining and catching up with friends, but our last visit was quite different. It was a quiet Tuesday evening and we took our daughter for a bite to eat and to meet the new landlords who had recently taken over. I appreciate that it will take time to settle inn and find their feet but this visit was so different to our other visits. We were the only people eating in the pub but still had to wait over 45mins for our food, when it did finally arrive the Star Burger was quite frankly cremated, the chicken breast and bacon in it was so over cooked that you couldnt cut it. My pie came out with lots of lovely mash and veg but no gravy. Normally the staff would come over after a few minutes and ask if everything was ok but not anymore, I didnt complain as we had waited so long for our food I didnt have time for it to be cooked again. When the waitress came to clear our meal she asked if it was ok and we explained that it wasnt she was very apologetic and said she would mention it to the landlady. It still took the landlady another 10 mins to come over and see us and she already knew as it isnt a big pub and she would have heard us during our meal discussing it but still chose to ingnore us.To top it all when we went to pay the bill she over charged us by £2. Not really a people person, the offer of a free coffee might have been nice. Unfortunately a huge contrast to the previous Landlords. Such a shame :-(

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SmartyCornwall
Lisa C, Owner at Star Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

So sorry about your experiance with us, we are new to this business and were still finding our feet. We are improving all the time and hope this will not put you off in the future.
We did have a few problems in the kitchen and you should have been aware of this, we can only apologise for this. We hope that if you return your experiance will be a pleasent one.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited this pub twice in the last two days and both times I received amazing service. I thoroughly recommend the Lamb Shank if it is available on the specials. There was a new heating system being installed on the second day I visited, so there will be no huddling around the wood burner from now on. I will definitely visit again next time I'm travelling down the A30. Please note that I did not stay at the B&B, as it was currently under refurbishment!

Room Tip: Rooms are being refurbished (Feb '14) so my guess is that they will be of a great quality once c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
#13 of 15 in Hayle
The Old Quay House
The Old Quay House
#4 of 15 in Hayle

Been to Star Inn? Share your experiences!