“Excellent tasting food, portions could be larger”
Review of School House Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
School House Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We held a committee Christmas meal here and had a pre-set menu. I am not sure if that made a difference.
I can say that the place has a good atmosphere and it looked as though the owner/manager was present and making sure that everything was right for every person. That personal touch was very noticeable. Our food was excellent and I was jealous at the huge bowl of muscles my colleague had chosen over choice of soup. All of the food was very tasty and well prepared. I personally would have liked a larger main course. I am not a huge fan of the well decorated and presented plate that made you wish it was twice the portion. But don't let my greed put you off, for the area, I think you would find this a worthy place to eat where great care is taken to get everything right.

1  Thank N9eav
There are newer reviews for School House Restaurant

Reviewed November 7, 2011

The School House is by far the best in the area. Great food great service and the best host.
Try it you won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

As the name suggests, this restaurant is a converted school. The owner works in the restaurant and his wife is the chef. They are very welcoming and the service is efficient. The food we had was great and another couple were on their third visit in a few days! Do phone to check they are open as the website can be misleading - we had to go twice before we got in but it was well worth the effort.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Local produce, great mussels and hake, delicious cheese souffle. Friendly service
Can't recommend enough has consistently provided great food for any years.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This was great.

Lovely atmosphere. Very nice staff.

Am-AZING mussels.

Great fish stew and delicious lamb and white bean stew.

What more could you want...