Premier Inn St. Austell Hotel
The White Hart(St Austell)
$156
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
$178
  • Restaurant
$144
Tremarne Hotel(Mevagissey)
$123
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,093 results
All reviewstable tableeden projectmeal dealpub next doornew extensionthe pubfamily roomno liftbudget hotelbuilding workgood nights sleepcrabshort breakcomfortable bedno air conditioningsea viewplenty of hot water
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Again, the receptionist (Janette?), was very welcoming and helpful, with a smile each time we passed the reception desk.
Room comfortable, with a good bathroom with shower. (Fixed showerhead not so good).
Plenty of parking available on site.
The main thing that let this hotel down was the Table Table restaurant next door, especially in comparison with the Brewers Fayre restaurant at the Fraddon, Newquay hotel.
The dinner menu is more limited, although the dinner we had there was delicious.
However, the breakfast, although still good value was not as good as at the Brewers Fayre. The porridge I ordered was far too runny, and the coffee was not hot enough, nor was the hot
water for the tea.
All-in-all, this was still a good value hotel - we could see the sea from our room, and the Eden Project is only around 10 - 15 mins drive away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Haven't stayed in a Premier Inn in at least 4/5 years (due to not travelling), so was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are spacious, clean and up to date (love the fact that large LCD/LED TV's are standard). Staff could not have been better, passing on the coupons for the Eden Project (which we went to, excellent BTW). Staff always wanted to check that everything was ok and that we were happy. Restaurant staff were equally good and FRESHLY cooked Full English breakfasts earns you extra brownie points. Would recommend the PI brand to the budget traveller. One small negative not a huge amount of water pressure in the shower, plenty of hot water but came out more like soft rain rather than the deep clean i like in a morning.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A comfortable bed in a clean comfortable room. I arrived very late, but no problem and I was quickly to bed and sleep. A quick full English breakfast in the morning and I was ready for the day........

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne I
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We chose this having stayed in one of the chain elsewhere and being pleasantly surprised. We have no complaints with the hotel itself (or staff – they were all friendly), but on reflection would probably choose to go somewhere more central next time. It is sited on a small industrial estate (offices I think), but it on the top side of the dual carriage way that separates it from St Austell itself. Great for getting straight on the road and away, but we were hoping it might be close enough to walk out at night to find somewhere to eat: it isn’t (and the staff informed us that St Austell itself isn’t up to much anyway). After a few attempts we resorted to the Carclaze Inn next door (also reviewed) for sheer convenience (where breakfast and dinner is also taken). There are two vending machines in reception but with water at £1.50 for one small bottle we didn’t bother.

I’d asked for a twin room which we got, though I expected 2 double beds as before: instead we got one double and a single pushed up against the wall. It was fairly comfortable if a little on the hard side, and it may have been my imagination but I also felt sloped sideways ever so slightly. The duvet was very lightweight and I was quite cold a few nights. I tried to remedy this by turning up the air con but woke with a stuffy headaches so abandoned that idea. However the room (including bathroom) was clean. The TV didn’t work the first two nights, but maintenance sorted it by the 3rd. (As noted by others it did have the AV points for playing from your tablet, etc.) There was a choice of pillows but no extra blankets which was a shame.

The room also had tea/coffee and a hairdryer, but we felt lacked a drawer to put things away in. By far our biggest grumble (though we didn’t mention it as I don’t see how they could have done anything) was the incredibly creaky floor. It was creaky shoe syndrome writ large. Assuming the building has concrete floors, what have they used under the carpet??? Every single footstep on every inch of carpet (including the corridor and lino in the bathroom) creaked. You could easily hear people way before they drew level with our door, and forget about trying not to wake others if you need to make a visit to the bathroom in the small hours!

Could I also make one other personal suggestion please (for all hotels)? How about installing soft closing loo seat lids? We have one at home, and forgetting myself let the lid slam down, the resulting bang almost giving us both a coronary!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel again, still very too hot, you get a fan which is too loud, staff are rude and don't really care, pub staff are worst - stayed her did not sleep as the room was too hot, did not want to request a refund under the guarantee scheme as before the staff were rude, so when you read this St Austell I want to request all my money back for the whole stay including breakfast as this was extremely poor. Send the refund ASAP, thanks you can get my details from your system for the last stay (Mr Simon Lenton)

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Simonrugby1222
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn St. Austell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.