We stayed for four days from Australia whilst visiting a sick relative. The rooms are small but comfortable and servicable. The staff are welcoming, helpful and friendly. WIFI is poor particularly in the bedroom. The restaurant is satisfactory though we had to ask for boiling water to make our tea each morning in the restaurant which we thought was unusual in Britain. The fishpie is delicious and the serving size huge. Wine list was a bit limited. Overall we were happy with the hotel and think it was value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rashleigh Arms was built in 1851 on the foundations of old clay cellars and was given its name after the creator of Charlestown Harbour, formerly West Polmear, Charles Rashleigh. It also boasts probably one of the only Grade II listed car parks in the country, basically the site of old coal storage yards, and is situated in a World Heritage Site. The Rashleigh is ideally positioned in central Cornwall and provides an excellent jump off point for lots of great attractions with the world famous Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan within five miles radius. We are also within sight of the historic Tall Ships and Charlestown harbour, a world heritage site and an attraction in itself. The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food from 12 - 9pm every day; and if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Rashleigh Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rashleigh Arms Hotel St Austell
- Rashleigh Arms St Austell, Cornwall