We stayed in the Rashleigh Arms in Charlestown to be near to the Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Eden Project. It is a St Austell Brewery Hotel and pub and has great Real Ale. We had dinner there 1 night; river mussels and chips and the Cornish breakfasts were excellent. Our room looked to the sea. You can see ships' masts and the sea over the top of cottages. the room was not large but very pleasant; bright and clean with WiFi.There is noise from other rooms!The large cobbled car park is grade 2 listed and we always managed to park. St Austell itself is not of interest. The White Hart was good for dinner on a rainy evening. The staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient. There is a good beer garden. On balance very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rashleigh Arms was built in 1851 on the foundations of old clay cellars and was given its name after the creator of Charlestown Harbour, formerly West Polmear, Charles Rashleigh. It also boasts probably one of the only Grade II listed car parks in the country, basically the site of old coal storage yards, and is situated in a World Heritage Site. The Rashleigh is ideally positioned in central Cornwall and provides an excellent jump off point for lots of great attractions with the world famous Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan within five miles radius. We are also within sight of the historic Tall Ships and Charlestown harbour, a world heritage site and an attraction in itself. The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food from 12 - 9pm every day; and if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rashleigh Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rashleigh Arms Hotel St Austell
- Rashleigh Arms St Austell, Cornwall