“Lost gardens”

The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Ranked #2 of 50 things to do in St Austell
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wonderful......a feast of Autumn! A memorable experience made unforgettable by the attention to detail!

There are newer reviews for The Lost Gardens of Heligan

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to the lost gardens. The setting is lovely and the restoration has been done very well. The vegetable gardens were amazing and the jungle section an unexpected surprise - more dense and 'jungly' (is that a word?) than the Eden project. Great cafe and facilities too.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had high expectations of these gardens but I am afraid i didn't really get them. Maybe it was the wrong time of year to go as a lot of flowers and plants were past their best. I liked the idea that the gardens had been lost and have been rediscovered. However, there are others that I found more spectacular. I will go again some time maybe in the early summer and hopefully, I will be able to appreciate what all the fuss is about! I found two members of staff in the cafe a bit unhelpful. The staff in the shop (including the bit where you can buy plants) were really good and even offered some specific advice in relation the the plant I bought.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Loved Heligan The vegetable gardens were amazing and the jungle and harvest displays also lovely homemade soup and bread.Very well managed and brilliant wildlife lookout where you can watch birds and rabbits pond life up close without disturbing them. Dont miss this lovely garden.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Such a lovely place to visit, a walk through one hundred years of garden thanks to such hard work by lots of dedicated people. To see what has been achieved since the finding of this lost gem is truly amazing. Also since our last visit in 2005 lots more to see and obviously each season worth a separate visit. Hopefully our next visit will be when the Camellias are in flower. Good restaurant on site and excellent farm shop. If you haven't been please go.