“super service, super food”

Nepalese Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

As a group of 9 friends we visited the Nepalese Gurkha restaurant last night (1/3/13).
The welcome was lovely and the staff were so helpful. Friendly atmosphere. The restaurant is so clean and well laid out and the aroma's of food just get the taste buds going!
The food was excellent and the varied menu gives you great opportunity to choose a wide range of dishes (great fun "mixing and matching "). This restaurant is a "gem" and if anyone is looking for fantastic food and service then this place certainly delivers.
On leaving the ladies were given a rose each! Lovely thought and we will be back.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Delicious food, charming service and relaxed atmosphere. I have been to this restaurant a few times, it was particularly good when I took my family of all ages. All my children really enjoyed themselves even my little boy (who can find restaurants "boring") was treated so well he wanted to return! :) I have also been here for quiet chats with friends and every time I feel like I am really having a break! (on holiday) The staff are fun and are willing to share about their own culture which is an added bonus!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to the Nepalise Gurkha Restaurant recently for my birthday and they were amazing.

The service was excellent, the food was even better. After they had cleaned our table, they brought out a birthday cake, bottle of bubbly and a beautiful flower petal necklace - all this unexpected and complimentary.

I will definitely be going back in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Weve never been to the Gurkha before and decided to gove a go after hearing great reviews.
My sister in law said that if you tell them that their is a celebration they do something really funny !
So I rang on the morning of our visit and told them it was my husband's birthday and our upcoming 2nd annaverary..
We went along and had a lovely meal then toward thew end of the evening the Happy Birthday music came on and out came a birthday cake and bottle of champagne!! (no extra charge!!) I wont tell you the rest but it was a fantasic night and we will go back very soon without hesitiation!!! YOU MUST GO!!

Lisa Miners Grampound Cornwall

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having had excellent Nepalise food in Truro at the Yak and Yeti, we were tempted to visit this restaurant tonight as we had family staying in St Austell. My husband called in advance to check the food was halal, for our guests, it was somewhat shocking to find pork spare ribs in the buffet. What a disappointment. The only option was the buffet meal, which was tepid greasy and flavourless. We could see into the kitchen whe the loft hatch was open with a ladder leading up into the attic, clearly a breach of food hygiene standards. When asked why this was open the waitress just laughed and didn't answer. I hate to slate local businesses, and usually try to find some redeeming features, but this time was stumped. There was no atmosphere in the canteen like cavernous restaurant, the service was poor, the food disgusting, the hygiene standards poor and the location central st Austell on a Sunday night in February an experience probably best avoided.

2  Thank Catious