“A bit of fun in an authentic American diner (in Cornwall)”
Review of Mimi's Vintage Diner - CLOSED

Mimi's Vintage Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Came across this place by chance on the way to Eden and thought that we would pop back in on the way home. When we returned they were full, but waitress on door suggested that we sit at counter look at the menu and have some drinks as a table would be free soon. True to her word, a table became free just as we sat down. Menu is not extensive, but appears to be following the American diner theme. I ordered and iced tea and to be honest I was expecting something like a Lipton’s iced tea, what I got was a glass of tea with ice in it. Not what I expected but still pleasantly refreshing. Food came reasonably quickly and although not wonderful was pleasant enough, the chips were probably the best part. One of the things we did enjoy was watching the waitress and the cook argue over the orders. My sympathy was definitely with the waitress as the cook just seemed to be trying to make her life difficult, the start or end of a book there one thinks! My only criticism would be that the floor could have been cleaner, but suppose that it wasn’t helped by the young waitress wiping the tables clean by letting crumbs fall onto the floor! However overall my daughter really liked the idea of eating in an authentic diner and it was bit of fun

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We are regular visitors to Mimi's. The staff are always friendly even when they are drowning in milkshake orders!
Any delays are always apologised for and they recognise us when we go in. When we were new to the area they treated us the same. Food is authentic and well presented, though some is a little rich I.e chef salad.A great place for families, couples and friends. Well done Mimi's :)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

After hearing and seeing bad reviews we decided to see for ourselves and we're glad we did. There were five of us that went two adults and three children. We all enjoyed our meal. The children all enjoyed theirs, my wife and one of the kids had the bbq ribs which although tasty were a bit on the fatty side and had quite a bit of grizzle on them. The other two had a hot dog and cheese burger which they both liked a lot. I had the bbq burger which again was tasty. The fries were excellent we all enjoyed them. So would we go back again? The answer is yes. So sometimes it pays to not always believe the bad reviews.

2  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed August 3, 2014

When I heard the location, I did have quite low expectations. I thought it was going to be a bit of tat. However, when I arrived, I was in quite a shock. The staff were welcoming. Food was a lot better than expected. Prices not bad either. The only criticism about this place is that there was only one waitress, who forgot minor things such as cutlery. Although, that was probably because she had to serve the whole diner by herself. Overall I was thoroughly impressed.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

By far the best diner we have been to in UK. Good food, wonderful staff. Will definitely be calling again when we are next in the area.

1  Thank Annie2171