“Lovely”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Just visited mimis. The food was excellent. The service was good. Good value for money. Would visit again when I'm in Cornwall again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

A visit back in time, a well appointed, clean American Diner. At the time of visit the diner was nearly full, all tables were in use and the staff, which consisted of 2 waitresses and a chef, we're at full stretch. The menu was varied and most dishes were available. The downside for me was as a party of 6, 3 of the dishes came without an item of food as per the menu and another item was of poor quality on 2 of the dishes. Due to the number of diners and only 2 waitresses the service was below the standard I would have expected.
On this showing I could not recommend this diner, however I intend to check it out again in the future and hope things will have changed for the better.

1  Thank DavidLangridge
Ben W, Owner at Mimi's Vintage Diner, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

We have to hold our hands up here and say that we had completely underestimated the level of business we did on the day of your visit, in fact I think it's fair to say we weren't expecting to be quite as busy as we have all week during the holiday week.

It's the first 'proper' bank holiday weekend since we moved to Bugle, we will certainly be staffing up from here on in believe me!

I will pop a message through to you to discuss in more detail offline.

Thanks for the feedback

Ben

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Good concept, diner is clean however location not ideal as does not look anything special from outside to make you stop if just passing. We had read good reviews so thought would try it out. Food was ok but not exceptional, our first choice from the menu was not available which at the start of a bank holiday weekend did not seem good as it is not an overly large selection. It was not busy when we were there, the staff were ok, friendly but seemed to keep disappearing and more interested in talking to each other. All in all not an overwhelming visit and nothing special to entice us back as prices did seem a bit on the high side for an unexceptional meal.

2  Thank Michael I
Reviewed April 19, 2014

On our way from Clovelly to the Lost Gardens of Heligan my wife and I were enjoying the drive when we noticed a classic diner at the edge of what looked like an industrial estate.

200 hundred yards down the road we made a u-turn to a pleasant suprise of an excellent all American brunch, coffee and malt-shake which set us up for the rest of the day.

The interior is a step back in time and the staff, in classic '50s outfits, were warm, friendly and very helpful. The only thing that niggled was that the the classic rock-n-roll sounds playing away varied quite dramatically in volume from just right to overpowering.

Well worth stopping off for a bite to eat and my wife can highly recommend the malt-shakes!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We went out for a family meal the staff were FANTASTIC & food was excellent. Great atmosphere & very comfortable. A few things on the menu were unavailable but staff were great at providing an alternative. Will certainly be going back again.