“Excellent”
Review of Mimi's Vintage Diner - CLOSED

Mimi's Vintage Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cornwall
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The quality of both the service and the food was excellent. You can either reserve by email if at least 24hrs in advance or by phone on the day. Either way, they also keep one or two tables in case you wander in on spec - though these are on a first come first served basis. If you want to select the background music, there are individual jukeboxes on the table and our waitress gave us some quarters so we could browse the listings and select our tunes while waiting for our food. The wait was minimal and the food delicious - and typically American in quantity. We only live 10-15mins away and will certainly be back.

Truro
“Authentic Diner, Top Food & Great Service”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

After hearing that an authentic American Diner was coming to town, a group of 6 friends and myself went to Mimi's for dinner to check it out for ourselves. A great lover of American food and having been to many in the US I was really keen to see what it was all about - and I wasn't disappointed.

From the moment I walked in, it felt so authentic, fun and quirky. The staff were very attentive and showed us to our booths straight away and took our drinks orders. I had a malted banana thick shake which was delish!! Despite all of us ordering different things, we didn't have to wait long for our food, I ordered the Philly Cheese Steak Sub, which I could not wait to get stuck into when it arrived - it was very yummy indeed. The pink coleslaw looked and tasted great too and the fries in their little red baskets added to the authentic presentation. I also ordered a side of onion rings, which were really nice, big and crispy. Although I was very full afterwards (the portions are very generous) I couldn't resist going to dessert too. I ordered the pie of the day, which was cherry - and that finished the meal off very nicely indeed.

Mimi's was a really great dining experience. It was refreshing to go somewhere so different and they really have pulled it off well. It's all the little touches and the surroundings that make it such a top little diner. From the jukeboxes on the tables (which actually blast out 50s tunes when you insert quarters) to the décor and memorabilia scattered around the place. The staff in their spotty 50s stylie outfits were great too, very friendly and welcoming.

All in all, all of the group were happy with their food and we left happy, full and satisfied customers. I shall certainly be back to eat my way through the rest of the menu. I'm particularly keen to come down for breakfast pancakes - they sound amazing.

Thanks for a top evening Mimi's - see you very soon :-)

• Visited November 2013
Ben W, Owner at Mimi's Vintage Diner, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this, thrilled that you enjoyed it. Hope to see you again soon

Ben
St Austell, United Kingdom
“cracking breakfast”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

really enjoyed the breakfast I had here. had great service too. went twice in 3 days. great American theme done really well. give it a go. you can reserve a table too.

Helston
“Great authentic experience at Mimi's Diner”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We popped in for lunch today, and wow it's ace. I love the deco from the sun ray s/steel splash backs, duke boxes on the table to the period seating. And even ace back ground music. We booked a boothe, and had starters and mains, and we were all done in under an hour. Perfect. I can recommend the bucket of wings and the breakfast ✔️. To sum it up, ace food,superb setting and lovely staff that always severed with a smile. Will be back soon.

Visited November 2013
“Great place :)”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ignore the bad reviews its a Lovely place, with lovely staff, and lovely food. Highly recommend. Deffo be back soon. :)