All reviews hot tub primrose lodge games room tots camping pods garden cottage luxury lodge swimming pool shop stocks guinea pigs bed caravan toilet shower block time slot zip wire cafe on site air hockey small shop
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

What a lovely site! Beautiful scenery and wonderfully quiet! We stayed in a cosy cabin which was perfected situated within the site and across from a park meaning you can sit and watch the children having fun. The swimming pool was a lovely addition, as were the animals around the park!
The only reason for marking down the score was unfortunately I felt that the cleaning of the toilets/showers could have been better or more often. The first part of the holiday was fine as the park was quiet but the later part when the park was busy the toilets/showers needed a bit more attention however the cleaning rota didn’t seem to have increased.
It wouldn’t stop us from staying again in the future as the positives far outweighed the negatives.

Trip type: Traveled with family
MeadowLakes2016, Manager at Meadow Lakes Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

perfect thanks very much
taken on board and we`ll step up the facility visits
see you soon

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

This is our first time here as a birthday treat for my partner. I was looking for a hot tub caravan for a reasonable price and we surely got one. We are currently staying in Goldfinch 1 like the previous reviewer. This is honestly the nicest caravan we have ever stayed in. The park is quiet currently and has fabulous countryside views. The caravan is right at the top of the park, near the entrance, out of the way. No problem with kids here, no problem with privacy either. We have been out in the hot tub day and night, we just put some towels out around the balcony to dry, not that anyone is interested in watching us anyway - as it is sunken they can only see our heads! We are used to Haven parks, well used, smelly, hairy, sandy, dog friendly caravans. This one is brand new and also had hairdryer, oven glove, teatowel, cleaning kit, basic toiletries, kitchen roll, a couple of loo rolls, hoover (awesome!), all kitchen equipment and a hand towel in the bathroom. We have excellent wifi and an HDTV with netflix etc. Ok so I love all of this thought into what you need and the small touches. There is a very decent shower, central heating, electric fire for ambiance, comfy sofas, a welcome pack for dogs with a bowl, treats and blanket for the sofas and a lovely comfortable warm kingsize bed with nice linen. Not some tiny noisy springy double where I roll into my partner and spend the night trapped or stay in a single and spend the night worrying I am going to fall out. This is the best nights sleep I have ever had in a caravan. We had a chippy takeaway in the cafe last night and that was pretty good. The park is in an excellent location, only a few miles from St Austell and the lost gardens. There are some very helpful tips in the welcome book about the local area and dog friendly beaches. We had a fab morning yesterday at Portluney Beach. The staff have all been lovely. There is a lot of space for our dog and he loves nosing about on the deck. We are both very happy I found this park and we have had a lovely time so far. Am wondering what sort of odd expectations previous reviewers had and would hope they addressed any issues, especially with safety concerns, whilst they were here. Bit late writing about it afterwards.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MeadowLakes2016, Manager at Meadow Lakes Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Thanks so much for your detailed review , we are incredible proud of our new luxury fleet and it is really pleasing that you have enjoyed it so much .
we look forward to greeting you for your next stay and thank you

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Just spent a week here, site is basic and ok, we stayed in the Goldfinch1 Caravan with hot tub, sign by hot tub states water is checked daily, this is false, it was only checked once on our Mon/Fri stay. Also states to press safety red button before lowering the hot tub lid ... this safety catch had previously been broken and not replaced as the hot tub man told us... this could be a wonderful campsite with a few tweaks.... might be good to place couples away from Caravan’s full of kids, as your on full show without any screen whilst in hot tub and constantly worried a football is going to hit you in the face. No outside lights were working at night but maybe they are for show only.
It could be better this review is constructive criticism in hope to improve things. Although the dog treats are nice for the little hounds, how about a small treat for the adults that paid for it, like a pen to write out the feedback book, or a pint of milk ??? We didn’t have a dog and didn’t fancy the dog chews...
also the caravan in my photos looks horrible, really let’s the area down .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I have read and reread your words and really the point that keeps coming to mind is that it is exactly the same caravan as the review directly after yours, they literally couldn't have loved it more and immediately rebooked.
I can absolutely assure you and anyone reading this that the hot tub water is indeed checked daily (often more than) and it is a bold person that could declare otherwise without being positive that it is the truth . I imagine the safety catch discussion was had with the hot tub guy that didn't actually visit your hot tub for its daily check(often more than)
Also the hot tubs are indeed screened by handrails and spindles and sunken to offer you exquisite views of the Cornish country side whilst maintaining privacy. There would certainly be no danger of a stray anything hitting you in the face any more than whilst walking around.
I would love to take your comments as constructive,as asked ,and indeed I`m happy to check lights etc you think are there just for show,but when it is expected that we provide your shopping for you I draw the line. you were aware when booking your last minute visit to Meadow Lakes that you were booking a pet accommodation and treats and blankets are provided for them as much welcomed guests to the park .I disregard the random photo as its nothing to do with your accommodation and therefore irrelevant . Adding it to this review could make readers wrongly assume it is the caravans you were staying in .

Reviewed July 18, 2019

Lovely little site, my little boy loved the pool, play barn and animals. We stayed in a Skylark which is a very basic but clean caravan, we weren't in it much so we didn't need anything more. My only issues were the carbon monoxide detector didn't haven't a date on it that it was fitted so no idea if it was out of date or not, it worked but I still think things like this should be taken very seriously as I have seen on another review that someone's detector was out of date. Also when it rains the noise in the double bedroom is horrendous and I struggled to sleep but that isn't the parks fault, I'm not sure if anything can be done about that. All in all, lovely little site and a lovely little holiday

Trip type: Traveled with family
MeadowLakes2016, Manager at Meadow Lakes Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2019

Hello and thankyou for your comments . its handy to have a customer a perspective to work from and
I can assure you all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are current and checked before every family arrives .
I hope that puts your mind at rest and look forward to greeting you all again soon

Reviewed July 17, 2019

We have been here for a few days now and I'm already planning my next visit. The site is amazing, quiet, relaxed and well maintained. I am in a cottage. Which is spotless and you even get left a welcome bag. Love this place!!, everyone is friendly and always say hello. The lakes are a stunning view, amazing to walk around and fish. I would highly recommend visiting here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello Anne B and thankyou . its really lovely to read your comments and makes all the team at Meadow Lakes extremely proud . We work hard to maintain standards and comments like this make it a pleasure .