All reviews hot tub games room primrose lodge tots camping pods garden cottage luxury lodge swimming pool shop stocks guinea pigs bed caravan toilet shower block time slot booking system zip wire cafe on site air hockey
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent a week here, site is basic and ok, we stayed in the Goldfinch1 Caravan with hot tub, sign by hot tub states water is checked daily, this is false, it was only checked once on our Mon/Fri stay. Also states to press safety red button before lowering the hot tub lid ... this safety catch had previously been broken and not replaced as the hot tub man told us... this could be a wonderful campsite with a few tweaks.... might be good to place couples away from Caravan’s full of kids, as your on full show without any screen whilst in hot tub and constantly worried a football is going to hit you in the face. No outside lights were working at night but maybe they are for show only.
It could be better this review is constructive criticism in hope to improve things. Although the dog treats are nice for the little hounds, how about a small treat for the adults that paid for it, like a pen to write out the feedback book, or a pint of milk ??? We didn’t have a dog and didn’t fancy the dog chews...
also the caravan in my photos looks horrible, really let’s the area down .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MeadowLakes2016, Manager at Meadow Lakes Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I have read and reread your words and really the point that keeps coming to mind is that it is exactly the same caravan as the review directly after yours, they literally couldn't have loved it more and immediately rebooked.
I can absolutely assure you and anyone reading this that the hot tub water is indeed checked daily (often more than) and it is a bold person that could declare otherwise without being positive that it is the truth . I imagine the safety catch discussion was had with the hot tub guy that didn't actually visit your hot tub for its daily check(often more than)
Also the hot tubs are indeed screened by handrails and spindles and sunken to offer you exquisite views of the Cornish country side whilst maintaining privacy. There would certainly be no danger of a stray anything hitting you in the face any more than whilst walking around.
I would love to take your comments as constructive,as asked ,and indeed I`m happy to check lights etc you think are there just for show,but when it is expected that we provide your shopping for you I draw the line. you were aware when booking your last minute visit to Meadow Lakes that you were booking a pet accommodation and treats and blankets are provided for them as much welcomed guests to the park .I disregard the random photo as its nothing to do with your accommodation and therefore irrelevant . Adding it to this review could make readers wrongly assume it is the caravans you were staying in .

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Lovely little site, my little boy loved the pool, play barn and animals. We stayed in a Skylark which is a very basic but clean caravan, we weren't in it much so we didn't need anything more. My only issues were the carbon monoxide detector didn't haven't a date on it that it was fitted so no idea if it was out of date or not, it worked but I still think things like this should be taken very seriously as I have seen on another review that someone's detector was out of date. Also when it rains the noise in the double bedroom is horrendous and I struggled to sleep but that isn't the parks fault, I'm not sure if anything can be done about that. All in all, lovely little site and a lovely little holiday

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello and thankyou for your comments . its handy to have a customer a perspective to work from and
I can assure you all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are current and checked before every family arrives .
I hope that puts your mind at rest and look forward to greeting you all again soon

Reviewed July 17, 2019

We have been here for a few days now and I'm already planning my next visit. The site is amazing, quiet, relaxed and well maintained. I am in a cottage. Which is spotless and you even get left a welcome bag. Love this place!!, everyone is friendly and always say hello. The lakes are a stunning view, amazing to walk around and fish. I would highly recommend visiting here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello Anne B and thankyou . its really lovely to read your comments and makes all the team at Meadow Lakes extremely proud . We work hard to maintain standards and comments like this make it a pleasure .

Reviewed July 15, 2019

We have stayed at this site numerous times.... and this by far is the worst, the staff on arriving where friendly and welcoming. We stayed in a osprey 3 as there was myself husband daughter mum and dog. On entering the caravan it seemed as though something had gone off as there was a funny smell coming from the toilet ( that never went away the whole week) the bedrooms where tiny and very very small. The shower room the joining panels where falling off ( although the power shower was amazing) the decking it’s self looked like it needed a bit of tlc as all underneath had fallen off. The decking furniture needed a good lick of paint and screwing back together and the mushrooms removing off it. The one thing that scares us the most the carbon monoxide detector was out of date all the applicances hadn’t been tested since 2014 and the gas grill kept blowing out. All in all we had a wonderful holiday it’s just the little bits that let this site down when we have stayed previous years the grounds have been well maintained and looked after there where weeds and over grown grass everywhere my daughter got nettled a few times. Unfortunately we won’t be staying here again which is a shame just needs to up its game, for the price there are better sites.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Oh what a shame you didn't enjoy your stay this time especially as you say you have been before and enjoyed it.
we would have been more than happy to resolve any issues that you had while staying at Meadow lakes, its what we are here for .I can assure you also that our appliances and especially carbon monoxide and smoke alarms are checked before every family arrives, this could be, and often is, as much as twice a week, so I am completely baffled as to how it could `appear` out of date .
I do find it upsetting that you think t isn't as maintained as previous years as every other response we have had is that Meadow Lakes has never looked better but I appreciate you are entitled to your opinion.
Sorry that it wasn't for you this time and I hope you decide to give us another go regardless .

Reviewed June 29, 2019 via mobile

We have just returned from a 3 night stay. The location of the site is very near to the town of St Austell and close to many attractions. Upon arrival to Meadow Lakes the staff were very welcoming and allows us to check in 1 hour early. Unfortunately the accommodation was looking very tired. The beds in the garden cottages were very soft and for me I struggled to sleep. Also there was not much room for storage of clothing so ended up using the second bedroom as a wardrobe. You could also see that the cottages are in need of some refurbishment with marks on the walls and damage to the tiles in the bathroom. Putting this to the side it was a pleasant stay and is very welcoming to families and pets.

Date of stay: June 2019