All reviews hot tub primrose lodge games room tots camping pods garden cottage luxury lodge swimming pool shop stocks guinea pigs bed caravan toilet shower block time slot zip wire cafe on site air hockey small shop
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2019

Lovely little site, my little boy loved the pool, play barn and animals. We stayed in a Skylark which is a very basic but clean caravan, we weren't in it much so we didn't need anything more. My only issues were the carbon monoxide detector didn't haven't a date on it that it was fitted so no idea if it was out of date or not, it worked but I still think things like this should be taken very seriously as I have seen on another review that someone's detector was out of date. Also when it rains the noise in the double bedroom is horrendous and I struggled to sleep but that isn't the parks fault, I'm not sure if anything can be done about that. All in all, lovely little site and a lovely little holiday

Trip type: Traveled with family
MeadowLakes2016, Manager at Meadow Lakes Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2019

Hello and thankyou for your comments . its handy to have a customer a perspective to work from and
I can assure you all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are current and checked before every family arrives .
I hope that puts your mind at rest and look forward to greeting you all again soon

Reviewed July 17, 2019

We have been here for a few days now and I'm already planning my next visit. The site is amazing, quiet, relaxed and well maintained. I am in a cottage. Which is spotless and you even get left a welcome bag. Love this place!!, everyone is friendly and always say hello. The lakes are a stunning view, amazing to walk around and fish. I would highly recommend visiting here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello Anne B and thankyou . its really lovely to read your comments and makes all the team at Meadow Lakes extremely proud . We work hard to maintain standards and comments like this make it a pleasure .

Reviewed July 15, 2019

We have stayed at this site numerous times.... and this by far is the worst, the staff on arriving where friendly and welcoming. We stayed in a osprey 3 as there was myself husband daughter mum and dog. On entering the caravan it seemed as though something had gone off as there was a funny smell coming from the toilet ( that never went away the whole week) the bedrooms where tiny and very very small. The shower room the joining panels where falling off ( although the power shower was amazing) the decking it’s self looked like it needed a bit of tlc as all underneath had fallen off. The decking furniture needed a good lick of paint and screwing back together and the mushrooms removing off it. The one thing that scares us the most the carbon monoxide detector was out of date all the applicances hadn’t been tested since 2014 and the gas grill kept blowing out. All in all we had a wonderful holiday it’s just the little bits that let this site down when we have stayed previous years the grounds have been well maintained and looked after there where weeds and over grown grass everywhere my daughter got nettled a few times. Unfortunately we won’t be staying here again which is a shame just needs to up its game, for the price there are better sites.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Oh what a shame you didn't enjoy your stay this time especially as you say you have been before and enjoyed it.
we would have been more than happy to resolve any issues that you had while staying at Meadow lakes, its what we are here for .I can assure you also that our appliances and especially carbon monoxide and smoke alarms are checked before every family arrives, this could be, and often is, as much as twice a week, so I am completely baffled as to how it could `appear` out of date .
I do find it upsetting that you think t isn't as maintained as previous years as every other response we have had is that Meadow Lakes has never looked better but I appreciate you are entitled to your opinion.
Sorry that it wasn't for you this time and I hope you decide to give us another go regardless .

Reviewed June 29, 2019 via mobile

We have just returned from a 3 night stay. The location of the site is very near to the town of St Austell and close to many attractions. Upon arrival to Meadow Lakes the staff were very welcoming and allows us to check in 1 hour early. Unfortunately the accommodation was looking very tired. The beds in the garden cottages were very soft and for me I struggled to sleep. Also there was not much room for storage of clothing so ended up using the second bedroom as a wardrobe. You could also see that the cottages are in need of some refurbishment with marks on the walls and damage to the tiles in the bathroom. Putting this to the side it was a pleasant stay and is very welcoming to families and pets.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2019

The park is located just off the A390 coming west out of St Austell. The last mile or so is on a narrow road so some care is necessary. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The caravan - a six berth luxury model was the best we have ever hired - there was a superking size bed in the master bedroom - the only one we have ever had on a caravan park. The caravan was spacious because it had been adapted for clients with disabilities - there was a large wet room for example. All in all very comfortable. We had a decking area with garden furniture and a private parking place next to the caravan. Amenities include a swimming pool which was popular, a cafe and four lovely fishing lakes. It was a great touring location - St Austell nearby and most parts of South Cornwall easily accessible.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on our luxury Finch part accessible caravan.
A lot of effort was taken selecting the new range for Meadow Lakes and it is good to know it suited your needs .
Hopefully we will see you soon